Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softboot Setup Performance & Snowboard Boot Question

Hello,

I have two questions. I appreciate your perspectives.

I am debating whether or not to get the Softboot setup. I plan on purchasing the Spliffs for all-mountain skiing, and I am also considering purchasing the Rockered Condors for deep powder use.

1) I am curious if anyone has used the Softboot setup for deep powder skiing (more specifically with the Rockered Condors if possible). If so, can you provide your opinion on how the Softboot setup performed?

2) Separate question - Should I look to purchase a super-stiff snowboard boot to increase stability when paired with the Softboot setup?

Some background: 6ft, 180lb, normally ski in Colorado and Utah.

Thank you for the help on this.
    -KG

Welcome to the forum! I live in Colorado and use the RVL8 softboot setup exclusively.

I haven’t ridden the spliffs much so I can’t speak to their performance but I do use the RCs for powder days and they are amazing. I used to ride with ski boots and it takes a little adjustment to get used to the soft boots at first. The stance is a little different and it took a day for me to really get used to getting on my edges but once you get used to it you won’t have any performance issues. It’s hard to explain how it’s different but I felt like my stance changed just a little bit with them.

The stiffer the boot the better but comfort is everything.

Check out the Facebook page a few of us started, The Skiboard Connection, and let me know when you make it out to Colorado!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Skiboard Connection
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

Awesome, Thank you! I'll definitely join to the group on Facebook. I should be out to Breckenridge in a couple of weeks and then again in early March.

One more question about the Snowboard boots:

Are boots with the BOA lacing system out of the question given that the wings and third strap would be up against the two dials?

Thanks again for the help.
      -KG

Comment

I avoided the BOA boots for that reason but I suppose if your boots fit in the bindings they’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The Skiboard Connection
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

Originally posted by kjgilbert209 View Post
          Awesome, Thank you! I'll definitely join to the group on Facebook. I should be out to Breckenridge in a couple of weeks and then again in early March.

Are boots with the BOA lacing system out of the question given that the wings and third strap would be up against the two dials?

-KG
          The stiffer the better, I avoid BOAS like the plague. I ride Salomon synapses, which have a quick lace system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kjgilbert209 View Post

-KG
            I love my BOAs and ride with them with no issues. You do have to see what works for you in terms of getting the third strap where it feels comfortable, but I use them just fine!

Comment

Working...
            X