twoowt on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twoowt on ebay.

was looking for some stuff on ebay and came across some twoowt. one is called joker and the other an ax pro both 103cm. one is rockered i think. just bought a blunt and blunt xl, so cant get anymore at this time. browsing the forum and seeing how people are talking about twoowt. thought i share my finding.

Originally posted by konsome View Post
    was looking for some stuff on ebay and came across some twoowt. one is called joker and the other an ax pro both 103cm. one is rockered i think. just bought a blunt and blunt xl, so cant get anymore at this time. browsing the forum and seeing how people are talking about twoowt. thought i share my finding.
    Twoowt makes quality boards but be careful with these listed by Winter Sports Deals (WSD) on ebay. These boards are likely factory seconds that WSD got a hold of. Members of this forum have had Hit or Miss experiences with WSD. When it comes to RVL8 or TWOOWT products that are coming from them it's been more Misses than Hits.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

what a revelation. thank for pointing that out. i am pretty new with this sport. started with snowboarding, moved to snowscoot, and now picking up skiboarding. had a day on the slope with blunt xl and softboot binding, i could start on the green ok. turn, stop, carve. had a little trouble with skating to the lift. either the xl and my height or the packed snow and waxed board, but i didnt go far and it feel like it is not biting on the edge. could it be the rocker?
      any advice.
      thanks.

Comment

That's normal on XLs. It's the combination zero camber, super short running length and super width. You can't really skate on those on packed/groomed snow. Try balancing on one board, then put your other leg behind you in a T and angle hard on the edge of the rear board and push - similar to how you might push yourself forward on a scooter. XLs are super fun, and I encourage you to get to know them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
          That's normal on XLs. It's the combination zero camber, super short running length and super width. You can't really skate on those on packed/groomed snow. Try balancing on one board, then put your other leg behind you in a T and angle hard on the edge of the rear board and push - similar to how you might push yourself forward on a scooter. XLs are super fun, and I encourage you to get to know them.
          Oh dear. Have to disagree. They skate really well. Just not with soft boots which make getting the edge to bite on such wide boards tricky.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
            Oh dear. Have to disagree. They skate really well.
            I guess my reply came out a bit strong. Keep in mind that he's first time skiboader and that the context is to skate to a lift line. Most of my skiing friends who tried my XLs had difficulties on flats and on lift ramps that are on inclines - the edges would either not engage or disengage with slight movements. I can't count the number of times they fell. They had no problems on my other cambered skiboards. You just have to get used to it I suppose. So, let me correct myself here - you can skate on XLs, but IMO doing so requires a bit more technique than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
              So, let me correct myself here - you can skate on XLs, but IMO doing so requires a bit more technique than usual.
              I would agree with this. You really have to put good technique and power into it, and being in soft boots won't help matters. The Ickys on the other hand are a dream to skate, but that's irrelevant to the original posting. Just wanted to throw that out there.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

If I was going to buy a shorter than Revolt board these days I'd probably start with the TwoowT ax pro. Neither of these two twoowt boards is rockered, they are straight up Camber. Between the two-owt I'd go for the ax pro which has an extra set of inserts for setting back a non-release binding ala the KTP. Atleast, might have an extra set of inserts if the photo is accurate.

Comment

I have found the wider and zero cambered boards are harder to skate, especially in soft boots. Harder, not impossible though. As others have said, you just have to make a more committed motion and really engage the edges. It's always a compromise with skiboard design; the qualities that make the XLs harder to skate are the same qualities that make them so good in variable conditions. It's a fair trade.

And yes, Sempai is right
                  Just these, nothing else !

Comment

cool, i will try out those suggestions. not too much new snow in washington crystal mountain. just hard pack and groomer now. hoping i can get on the slope a few more times before my trip to whistler.
                    i got some full tilt first chair and waiting on a set of bxb ax1 (think they are snow jam). will definitely try out the soft boot combo vs the non-release. I might take out the blunt i got for my wife.

Comment

choping i can get on the slope a few more times before my trip to whistler.
                      You are going to love those XLs at Whistler - I guarantee it!

Comment

I've purchased a few sets of skiboards from WSD. Of the 3 all had flaws. One set was discolored, one set had top sheet miss drill holes the other already had some top sheet separation. They we're willing to work on price with the last two. Having said that I got all my sets quite a bit cheaper ($65-$110). At the price they are asking just buy spend a lil more and get 1st quality RVL8
                        Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
                        Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
                        Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

Working...
                        X