Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Envy Ski Frame -Soft Boot Solution for release bindings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Envy Ski Frame -Soft Boot Solution for release bindings.

Initially , I thought this product was Bill going commercial , but I don't think so . ! Bill here on the forum has been experimenting for some time with an external frame for snowboard boots that would allow them to be used in a standard ski release binding including the Spruce binding system for skiboards . These guys have just released a commercial product. They got around one of the big issues that confounded Bill and others looking to design external frames by specifying that the snowboard boot has to be single front boa or lace up .
    Product is priced at 379 dollars.
    Of course this product could also be used in a non release skiboard binding but doesn' t make much sense as there is already a complete solution for snowboard boots and skiboards here on SBOL for significantly less cost then a envy frame and a non release binding !

http://www.envysnowsports.com/
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Originally posted by jjue View Post
    Initially , I thought this product was Bill going commercial , but I don't think so . ! Bill here on the forum has been experimenting for some time with an external frame for snowboard boots that would allow them to be used in a standard ski release binding including the Spruce binding system for skiboards . These guys have just released a commercial product. They got around one of the big issues that confounded Bill and others looking to design external frames by specifying that the snowboard boot has to be single front boa or lace up .
    Product is priced at 379 dollars.
    Of course this product could also be used in a non release skiboard binding but doesn' t make much sense as there is already a complete solution for snowboard boots and skiboards here on SBOL for significantly less cost then a envy frame and a non release binding !

http://www.envysnowsports.com/
    Very interesting - who will be the first to try these?

Comment

Nice. The release bindings are what got me on here and purchased a bunch of Skiboards and release bindings. I'll stay with my ski boots but I know many that don't ski because of the hard boots.
      Prior to me learning about RVL8 and the Spruce release binding I had only non release skiboards and I lent them to someone and she messed up her knee. I felt so guilty, and started to get all new equipment with a way that won't happen again. Now it looks like I can safely get some of the snowboarding family and friends on skiboards without that guilty feeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Stack height looks like the bottom of the snowboard boot is above the top of the binding. I wonder what the total stack height is with a Spruce Riser.
        Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
          Stack height looks like the bottom of the snowboard boot is above the top of the binding. I wonder what the total stack height is with a Spruce Riser.
          Yes - it appears quite high. That may be ok on skis, but you add that to the height of the Spruce Riser and it might be way up there!

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
            Yes - it appears quite high. That may be ok on skis, but you add that to the height of the Spruce Riser and it might be way up there!
            Same goes for track bindings with stack height. If you are not using a direct mount low profile binding you probably feel like you are 2-3” above the skis.
            Boards:
            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Very interesting - who will be the first to try these?
              My money is on Bad Wolf or Bill!
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                My money is on Bad Wolf or Bill!
                Minus the DIN tags, they look suspiciously like my cuff conversion bindings. Maybe I should have taken out a patent.....

Is the plan to clip into the frame whilst it is in the ski binding, or to walk around in th frame itself?
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                  .... Is the plan to clip into the frame whilst it is in the ski binding, or to walk around in th frame itself?
                  After you buy a set you let us know which works best.
                  Boards:
                  2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Same goes for track bindings with stack height. If you are not using a direct mount low profile binding you probably feel like you are 2-3” above the skis.
                    17mm = Tyrolia Attack 13 direct mounted to a ski
                    31mm = Tyrolia PR10 Power Rail (track) direct mounted to a ski
                    33mm = Tyrolia PR10 Power Rail (track) mounted on Spruce Dyna-Plates to a ski/skiboard
                    42mm = Tyrolia Attack 13 mounted on Spruce Riser to a ski/skiboard
                    56mm = Tyrolia PR10 Power Rail (track) mounted on Spruce Riser to a ski/skiboard (2.205" - I think Kocho tried this)
                    ??mm = Envy Ski Frame used on an Attack 13 mounted on Spruce Riser to a ski/skiboard

From the looks of the picture, I'd say the Envy Ski Frame, if used with the Spruce Riser, is up near crazy heights like Kocho's experiment mounting a Power Rail on a riser. . .

Comment

From the looks of the picture, I'd say the Envy Ski Frame, if used with the Spruce Riser, is up near crazy heights like Kocho's experiment mounting a Power Rail on a riser. . .
                      Would this put you or Kocho over the 7’ mark??? I’m almost 6’9” on hockey skates.
                      Boards:
                      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Would this put you or Kocho over the 7’ mark??? I’m almost 6’9” on hockey skates.
                        Not me (I start at a measly 6’0”) - but I bet it would put Kocho over 7’ cause he’s a giant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not me (I start at a measly 6’0”) - but I bet it would put Kocho over 7’ cause he’s a giant!

How about the Gator? Big Phil has to 6’7” in bare feet.
                          Boards:
                          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

How about the Gator? Big Phil has to 6’7” in bare feet.
                            I lost count with him - he’s at least 6’5” and still growing!

Comment

Canting/cuff alignment?

Seemingly, another company, that doesn't understand anything about canting/cuff alignment!
                              Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                              Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                              Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Working...
                              X