MNPs as east coast groomer boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNPs as east coast groomer boards?

Picked up a pair of MNPs (00/01 according to the pics on skiboardreview.com), primarily for the FF Pro bindings. They are in great shape and am thinking of keeping them to use for east coast riding. The closest mountain to me is Sugar in NC, which I have never been to, and I have only ever ridden on mountains out west. Are these boards well suited to east-coast riding conditions?

Most of the discussion I could find on MNPs was pretty dated, so looking for more modern responses. I am not looking to compare vs current offerings necessarily, as I am confident newer boards would be better. However, these are kind of an incidental pick up as I mentioned, and hopefully are well worth keeping for the few jaunts I will make to Sugar next season.

I have a pair of Line Pro 98's which is what the MNPs became after Mike Nick was no longer riding for Line.
    I don't ride them often, but I decided to tune them up and take them out in March on a day with fairly smooth, dry snow. These are well made Canadian boards with maple cores and very flat bases. They actually measure 101cm and have an 8.4 meter turn radius. With sharp, polished edges they hold really well on ice and have great glide. I found that they will carve a turn with no skidding at all if you want. Very quick compared to wider boards

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a set two years ago and really love them. They have replaced my Dynastar Twin Boards, similar in design since they are from around the same year, but a little softer and more playful with longer tip and tails. They are my go to groomer boards, I have also lent them out to some people who wanted to try or learn skiboarding with lots of success.
      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Only board I ever regret selling.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

I think the MNPs would make a great East Coast Groomer cruiser. They are fast and have good edge grip on hardpack. They do bog down in soft snow though. I regretted selling mine as well, until the Ickys showed up.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Great! Thanks for the responses! I will definitely be keeping them then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X