2017 Ickys - And So It Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sempai View Post
    Let's have some video of you riding the Ickys.
    Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    Yes, video please.
    I'll try to get some video tomorrow if the wife is up to being camera man. Just remember not to judge how good the Ickys are based off my miserable skill set!

And (while I know it doesn't matter, other than graphics) don't you have them on the wrong feet? Even though they are simple graphics I am a bit OCD about my graphics matching up when I ride. This partly why I like graphics that are the same on both boards rather than spread across two boards.
    Yes, they are on the "wrong" feet, but I do rotate my boards to try to keep the edge wear even. Having said that, I'm not noticing as much edge chipping as usual. These boards seem to track really well for me and I don't seem to be clashing them together like I usually do. Another plus
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Yes, video please.

And (while I know it doesn't matter, other than graphics) don't you have them on the wrong feet? Even though they are simple graphics I am a bit OCD about my graphics matching up when I ride. This partly why I like graphics that are the same on both boards rather than spread across two boards.
      And then all was right with the world....

Comment

Well, right and left anyway😊

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

I hate how I look whilst I'm skiing, but I am a work in progress, so it is what it is. Like I said before, don't judge the Ickys by my skiing. What is important is how the feel to me compared to other skiboard, much more smooth, stable, easy to ride, and most of all, FUN

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen you look more comfortable and confident. Good job!
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

No Cape?
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                I hate how I look whilst I'm skiing, but I am a work in progress, so it is what it is. Like I said before, don't judge the Ickys by my skiing. What is important is how the feel to me compared to other skiboard, much more smooth, stable, easy to ride, and most of all, FUN
                You look very relaxed and smooth. Those boards seem to suit you very well.
                In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Snowbowl got about a foot of snow midweek, then another couple of inches yesterday, so they were able to open up several more trails and left most of them ungroomed so they could bump up. Most of the conditions today were variable crud, chopped up refrozen powder and baby bumps. The Ickys were a joy to ride in these conditions. Soft enough to smooth out the ride, narrow enough to cut through the crud, a little rocker to slide over the powder piles and still enough torsional stiffness to get an edge when you need it. I really had a blast charging through these conditions on the Ickys. In fact I think I ski faster and more aggressively on crud than I do on groomers.They also had great fore/aft stability in the bumps. The zero camber boards always left me dog tired fighting for control, the Ickys are much more forgiving.

I did go exploring into the trees and found some good powder stashes, but there is no real base yet, so I headed out sideways for fear of rocks. On the few turns I did make, the Ickys displayed not only the expected ability to turn on a dime, but also the capability to float.

I had the 120s and the Creanations in my car. The plan was to test out the HDPE bindings on the 120s and then take the Creanations out for a ride, but, I was having so much fun on the Ickys I forgot all about the other boards

Comment

but, I was having so much fun on the Ickys I forgot all about the other boards
                    Now that is an endorsement!

Comment

I was having so much fun on the Ickys I forgot all about the other boards
                      This is all going rather well[emoji4]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                      Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                        This is all going rather well[emoji4]
                        Very well !

I hope that as many people get to ride these boards as possible. I keep hearing that they are "narrow", but within a few mm, they are effectively the same width, or wider underfoot as the Revolts, DLP, ALP, BWP, Slapdash, Tansho and are wider than the Spruce Raptors. This is not a narrow board, it just isn't wide!

Comment

Very well !

I hope that as many people get to ride these boards as possible. I keep hearing that they are "narrow", but within a few mm, they are effectively the same width, or wider underfoot as the Revolts, DLP, ALP, BWP, Slapdash, Tansho and are wider than the Spruce Raptors. This is not a narrow board, it just isn't wide!
                          Well said. When the original Revolt came out, it was considered a 'wide' board. We used them to great effect on all kinds of snow. But the vast majority of us ride on groom or compressed snow almost all the time, and boards like the Sickies are supreme on these conditions.

Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                            and boards like the Sickies are supreme on these conditions.
                            "Sickies" as in "that's sick!"...........I like it

Comment

"Sickies" as in "that's sick!"...........I like it
                              [emoji4] [emoji4]

Go Android

Comment

I lost track if it was already mentioned: how are the edges and the bases? Flat bases, proper (no more than 1 degree) base angle, sharp edges? When on ice, do you have to pay special attention not to slide out or they just bite (like the skis from Head or Spruce usually do)? Being narrower than say the Blunts, I hope these things are sorted out from the factory?

Comment

Working...
                                X