Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    This is my first attempt with video on a selfie stick. Holy crap, I sound like my daughter. I started off on the 120s today to test out my risers, but quickly realized I should be on the Sickys. I feel more confident every time I get on them. The highlight tooday was doing a run called Lower Gully. It is a fairly steep bump run that follows a gully through the trees. The Stickys were perfect for this challenge as they are so easy to either edge or slip. Great fore/aft stability as well, the ride so much longer than they are.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by Kocho View Post
    I lost track if it was already mentioned: how are the edges and the bases? Flat bases, proper (no more than 1 degree) base angle, sharp edges? When on ice, do you have to pay special attention not to slide out or they just bite (like the skis from Head or Spruce usually do)? Being narrower than say the Blunts, I hope these things are sorted out from the factory?
    Better than most, close to perfect. At least my pair is. The manufacturers seem to be much better at prepping these narrower boards in general.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    2017 Ickys - And So It Begins

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
    I lost track if it was already mentioned: how are the edges and the bases? Flat bases, proper (no more than 1 degree) base angle, sharp edges? When on ice, do you have to pay special attention not to slide out or they just bite (like the skis from Head or Spruce usually do)? Being narrower than say the Blunts, I hope these things are sorted out from the factory?
    To be honest, I didn't pay too much attention to the bases. They shouldn't be ground until after the first year, so I didn't want to ride them thinking there was something off. I did sharpen up the edges myself with a 90 degree file, but couldn't tell you what the base angle is.

From my reports, you can see that I am happy with the way they ride, including the edge grip on hard pack.

Leave a comment:

• Kocho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    "Sickies" as in "that's sick!"...........I like it
    [emoji4] [emoji4]

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    and boards like the Sickies are supreme on these conditions.
    "Sickies" as in "that's sick!"...........I like it

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Very well !

I hope that as many people get to ride these boards as possible. I keep hearing that they are "narrow", but within a few mm, they are effectively the same width, or wider underfoot as the Revolts, DLP, ALP, BWP, Slapdash, Tansho and are wider than the Spruce Raptors. This is not a narrow board, it just isn't wide!
    Well said. When the original Revolt came out, it was considered a 'wide' board. We used them to great effect on all kinds of snow. But the vast majority of us ride on groom or compressed snow almost all the time, and boards like the Sickies are supreme on these conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    This is all going rather well[emoji4]
    Very well !

I hope that as many people get to ride these boards as possible. I keep hearing that they are "narrow", but within a few mm, they are effectively the same width, or wider underfoot as the Revolts, DLP, ALP, BWP, Slapdash, Tansho and are wider than the Spruce Raptors. This is not a narrow board, it just isn't wide!

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    I was having so much fun on the Ickys I forgot all about the other boards
    This is all going rather well[emoji4]

Leave a comment:

• macrophotog
    replied
    but, I was having so much fun on the Ickys I forgot all about the other boards
    Now that is an endorsement!

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Snowbowl got about a foot of snow midweek, then another couple of inches yesterday, so they were able to open up several more trails and left most of them ungroomed so they could bump up. Most of the conditions today were variable crud, chopped up refrozen powder and baby bumps. The Ickys were a joy to ride in these conditions. Soft enough to smooth out the ride, narrow enough to cut through the crud, a little rocker to slide over the powder piles and still enough torsional stiffness to get an edge when you need it. I really had a blast charging through these conditions on the Ickys. In fact I think I ski faster and more aggressively on crud than I do on groomers.They also had great fore/aft stability in the bumps. The zero camber boards always left me dog tired fighting for control, the Ickys are much more forgiving.

I did go exploring into the trees and found some good powder stashes, but there is no real base yet, so I headed out sideways for fear of rocks. On the few turns I did make, the Ickys displayed not only the expected ability to turn on a dime, but also the capability to float.

I had the 120s and the Creanations in my car. The plan was to test out the HDPE bindings on the 120s and then take the Creanations out for a ride, but, I was having so much fun on the Ickys I forgot all about the other boards

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    I hate how I look whilst I'm skiing, but I am a work in progress, so it is what it is. Like I said before, don't judge the Ickys by my skiing. What is important is how the feel to me compared to other skiboard, much more smooth, stable, easy to ride, and most of all, FUN
    You look very relaxed and smooth. Those boards seem to suit you very well.

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    No Cape?

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    I don't think I've ever seen you look more comfortable and confident. Good job!

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    I hate how I look whilst I'm skiing, but I am a work in progress, so it is what it is. Like I said before, don't judge the Ickys by my skiing. What is important is how the feel to me compared to other skiboard, much more smooth, stable, easy to ride, and most of all, FUN

Leave a comment:

Working...
X