This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steeps View Post
    What style of bindings are you using? Most non-releasables have a rubber pad between the board and the harder parts of the binding.
    Looks like the pad is missing. I use some "rare" Elfgen non release bindings.
    I'll add a pic tomorrow.
    What kind of rubber should I use to make some pads? I suppose different producers don't fit each other.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Duotone II Rage
    Salomon SPK

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing myself for some binding modifications... I'm guessing it might be butyl rubber on the Receptors, but I've seen different types on other brands. The pads were pretty thin on my old Dynastars if I remember right, but the ones on my RVL8s look to be about 1/4" thick.

Silicone rubber would probably work fine, too.
      BOARDSLAYER
      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

On the Bomber Elites I think the rubber was slightly thicker than the one of the Receptors, but not by much. Snowjam Extreme bindings rubber was slightly thinner. I think 7-8mm of thickness should be enough, and I would rather be concerned for it to be neither too stiff, feeling like a block of wood, nor too soft and to get completely squished between bindings and boards
        Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
        Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
        Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Originally posted by montigo View Post
          I'll add a pic tomorrow.
          What kind of rubber should I use to make some pads? I suppose different producers don't fit each other.

These are my bindings.

Thanks for your answers.

Duotone II Rage
          Salomon SPK

Comment

Originally posted by montigo View Post
            I'll add a pic tomorrow.

This is an old thread describing how I made replacement riser pads for non release bindings, hope it helps.

https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...binding-risers
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Those are some badass purple bindings! I can see why you want new pads for them.
              BOARDSLAYER
              Base / Edge Destruction X X X
              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
              X