A question on physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on physics

My flyers along with some of the non-core company skiboards have a rear centred stance as you all know. Also I bought advanced ski boots rather than more centred stance boots (Verse or Soft 1's etc) and they subsequently have a more of forward flex.

So surely that must mean my centre of gravity is still over the middle of the boards? (Positioned back a bit on the boards but leaning more forward)

Granted its not good for park use and makes leaning back in pow harder, but since I mostly ski groomers (albeit pretty fast and hard carving) does this really matter? Would it even be better for carving?

Also is this why I find skiboarding so hard on my thigh muscles, due to not being in the centre of the boards with centre flexed boots?

Ahh SBOL the fountain of knowledge

I think that having a slightly forward lean will help you be more agressive through the groomers. I got a chance to try out my new Deeluxe's last weekend and found out that when I had the boot in walk mode, I generally leaned back for powder, had an upright stance for jumps, and then had a forward lean when I was carving through the groomers (although there were very few of those as the area had gotten 16inches of pow the day before).
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

Re: A question on physics

a couple of times i've mistakenly had my deeluxes in "powder mode" (don't as me why they call it that) which locks them into a forward flex and doesn't allow me to stand up straight and my thighs were KILLING me so yes if you have boots that don't let you stand up straight your thighs are going to burn more.

g

Originally posted by Mattskas
      My flyers along with some of the non-core company skiboards have a rear centred stance as you all know. Also I bought advanced ski boots rather than more centred stance boots (Verse or Soft 1's etc) and they subsequently have a more of forward flex.

So surely that must mean my centre of gravity is still over the middle of the boards? (Positioned back a bit on the boards but leaning more forward)

Granted its not good for park use and makes leaning back in pow harder, but since I mostly ski groomers (albeit pretty fast and hard carving) does this really matter? Would it even be better for carving?

Also is this why I find skiboarding so hard on my thigh muscles, due to not being in the centre of the boards with centre flexed boots?

Ahh SBOL the fountain of knowledge

Comment

Your COM is indeed going to be similar, the boards should also react the same, the problem (as highlighted) is whether you can actually make the same COM shifts from a backward position. So the physics of it is ok, it is the human ability aspect that is in question!

Comment

I see, nice one , that explains a few things. Cheers guys

Comment

So if we have boots with quite a lot of forward lean built in, what happens if we use a higher toe-piece on the binding?
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

You mean a centred stance with a forward leaning boot but the binding such that it acts to counter the boot lean?

I suppose in theory you could have your weight as with an upright neutral binding (centred).... but i imagine it makes it even harder to get forward should you want.... i have little grounds to comment beyond the mechanics of it, but it would seem that, if you like your weight centred, anything beyond a centred, neutral binding with upright boots is just limiting you

Adam

Comment

Working...
              X