It's Over For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Over For Me

After thirty years on the hill, and one year out from heart surgery, I am back on the mountain. Two days in I have to admit it's finally over for me. I have finally found my one quiver board. The Blunt XLs. Powder, chop, hard pack, broken crud, ice, they do it all. And did I mention they are FAST! It's going to be one hell of a week.
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Thanks for the misleading title!

Comment

Relieved! You had me worried with the title of your thread. I thought you meant over over.

I'm feeling the same way about the XLs. I've sold off all my boards except for the Blunts, XLs and the RCs. I only want to ride the XLs, so I'm probably going to sell the Blunts too. I'll keep the RCs for deep powder days. That's if it ever snows again in Tahoe.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

of course until the Blunt XXLs come out and then it will be over for you all over again...
        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Every board is the best board ever made. They just keep on getting better and better.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post

of course until the Blunt XXLs come out and then it will be over for you all over again...
            So true
            Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
              After thirty years on the hill, and one year out from heart surgery, I am back on the mountain. Two days in I have to admit it's finally over for me. I have finally found my one quiver board. The Blunt XLs. Powder, chop, hard pack, broken crud, ice, they do it all. And did I mention they are FAST! It's going to be one hell of a week.
              Good to hear you are out on a mountain. Where are you at? When do we see pictures and video?

You will always continue your search, that is what makes it part of the fun and differentiates us from skiers who keep the same sticks forever.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                Thanks for the misleading title!
                I guess we still have to put up with Valmorel.

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                Every board is the best board ever made. They just keep on getting better and better.
                .... but music reached perfection in 1983 when the Police released Synchronicity.

(Note: Expected Thread drift to follow below from comment above)
                Boards:
                2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Every board you make,
                  Is a board I'll take,
                  If my bank don't break,
                  I'll be riding you.
                  Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post

.... but music reached perfection in 1983 when the Police released Synchronicity.

(Note: Expected Thread drift to follow below from comment above)
                    My parents hadn't even met at that point in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                      Every board you make,
                      Is a board I'll take,
                      If my bank don't break,
                      I'll be riding you.
                      Good one! I thought valmorel had hurt himself too. Will this stop him from trying the next new board?
                      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                        Good one! I thought valmorel had hurt himself too. Will this stop him from trying the next new board?
                        Maybe. Er, no
                        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                          My parents hadn't even met at that point in history.
                          Ouch -- you suck!
                          Boards:
                          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                            congrats, glad to hear you are back out on the slopes and doing well! Havn't had a chance to try the blunt xls yet, but everyone on the forum seems to be raving about them. Keep shredding!

Comment

Working...
                            X