The new 2015 Skiboards are now available for Pre-order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new 2015 Skiboards are now available for Pre-order

The new skiboards are now all online and available for pre-order. Thanks everyone for being patient and for considering purchasing a new pair for the coming season.

Best, Greco

2015 Skiboards at Skiboardsonline.com

Yay...damn you...now I gotta save more money!

Mac and cheese next month too I guess!

Beautiful 48 days!
    33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Awesome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another great looking line up and thanks for making the Blunt XL happen!
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Is the skiboard spec chart correct?

Is the running length on the Blunt XL actually shorter than the Blunts at 34cm?

Also I thought the 125LEs and the Raptors were the same specs but appear to have different rocker profiles?
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I love the XL's graphic!

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
            Is the skiboard spec chart correct?
            Yeah, is it?

Is the running length on the Blunt XL actually shorter than the Blunts at 34cm?
            That's a bit scary.

Also I thought the 125LEs and the Raptors were the same specs but appear to have different rocker profiles?
            According to the chart the Raptor has much more rocker and has less than half the running length of the LE. That's a drastic difference.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

If you allow just 1mm of the rocker into the running length it suddenly becomes 54 cm. We need to be a little more circumspect about the way we measure these boards. Very similar to the RCs in reality but with more support.
              Crossbow (go to dream board)
              Most everything else over time.
              Go Android

Comment

I really love the new Slapdash graphic. Great use of color and imagery. Immediately my favorite of all time and almost makes we want to go out and buy another pair! The new KTP is pretty cool as well.

Really stoked about the new XL. I don't understand enough about skiboard design to understand all the implications of the rocker and camber, I just want to get it on the snow and see how they ride. It should have a little more float and fore/aft stability right?

I'm looking forward to paring them up with my new softboot set up. They should be a perfect match.
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Wow, I love the new RC graphic. I'll be ordering a pair of those for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                    If you allow just 1mm of the rocker into the running length it suddenly becomes 54 cm. We need to be a little more circumspect about the way we measure these boards. Very similar to the RCs in reality but with more support.
                    Even at 54cm the XL still has a shorter running length than the advertised running length of the Blunts (60cm) and just slightly longer than the RCs. Is that about right? To be clear my understanding of running length is that it is the length of the middle of ski/skiboard from where it leaves the snow at the tip and tail when run flat. In the case of the 3rd gen skiboards this the end of the rocker and length of the flat (zero camber) section.

54cm for the XLs sounds more believable than 34 if the RCs are 51cm and the Blunts are 60cm.

Note this is not a critique of the XL design. I am just trying to wrap my engineer's mind around what the XL's are.

For the Raptors, my question is really "Is this a new design or the production model of the 125LEs?" I don't feel my LEs have 105cm of running length but they seem to have more than the 44cm advertised for the Raptors. Plus the Raptors list a different rocker specs from the LEs.
                    Boards:
                    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

.....To be clear my understanding of running length is that it is the length of the middle of ski/skiboard from where it leaves the snow at the tip and tail when run flat. In the case of the 3rd gen skiboards this the end of the rocker and length of the flat (zero camber) section.
                      As Valmorel is saying in his comment , I really do think that the specs do not exactly translante into the way we conventionally think of skiboards , particularly the running length measurements. Skiboards are inherently very short compared to skis ... and designs that have a gentle very slow rise to a very modest rocker will have an extraordinarly short running length , when that running length is measured as the point at which the rocker begins to lift the flat zero section cambered portion off of the snow , but in actual use and when weighted with a rider on top , much of the first gentle rise of the rockered portion will actually contribute to the performance on the board on firm snow. I think the production version of the LE's (ie Raptor) came out with just a bit of difference in the ultimate very slow gentle rise rocker profile. While it looks like there is a dramatic difference in design , I suspect that the Raptors and the LE will perform almost exactly the same . The running length spec for the RC is closer to the actual affect in performance because of the much sharper rise in the rocker over a shorter length then the Blunt and the Blunt XL and the Raptors which all have very slow and very gentle rocker profiles where the initial length of the gently rockered tips and tails definitely contribute to the effective running length of the boards... .. hope this explanation makes a little sense ....
                      Boards :
                      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                      Boots
                      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                      Bindings:
                      Zero Pro Non release Binding
                      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                        ... .. hope this explanation makes a little sense ....
                        Your explanation makes perfect sense and was actually what I was thinking. With my 125LEs it's near impossible to lay them on a flat surface and measure the true running length as the rocker is so "gentle". My question was less about getting the exact specs and more about figuring out were they new boards fit in with the rest of the family or seeing if there was an error in the spec chart.

For the Raptors: My assumption, like yours, is the final design, with it's gradual rocker, would perform much the same as the 125LEs. The only people would be able to tell the difference are Jeff and Valmorel ...

For the XLs: I will have to try them but the initial specs and the hints from our favorite Brit are these are as much an RC Jr as a Blunt XL and may actually lean closer to the RCs? You'll have snow before me so I expect an backcountry review early in the season.

Waiting for snow! Glad to see Greco and Jeff pushing the envelop of what is possible instead of just rolling out the same boards each year with new graphics. Exciting times!
                        Boards:
                        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

No! The whole feel of the XL suggests a large Blunt not a small RC.
                          Most everything else over time.
                          Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                            No! The whole feel of the XL suggests a large Blunt not a small RC.
                            Well then get on with writing the review already!!! It's been a long hot summer and we need something to look forward to.
                            Boards:
                            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Ha ha, Sunday mon brave . . .