No announcement yet.

2014/2015 Graphics Design Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Leviathan makes a retro skiboard; hipsters love the "vintage" twin tip skis.
    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by zman View Post
      The Junk Show boards never appealed to me. In and Out Burger? Yeah, none of those around here. Purple, not a fan plus I wasn't a member of TJS video. The board only speaks to a small group of buyers from my view.

The same is going to apply plastering forum usernames, avatars or visited resorts. Make it a limited edition graphic if there's a demand but have another annual release option alongside otherwise the boards are tailored to a US demographic primarily and wouldn't appeal to me, for instance. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it's just too personalized for everyone.

You're right, the graphics play a huge part in my buying decision, it's make or break sadly. I'm with you on the Blunts, the design dissuaded me from considering them for this year much like the 2012 RC's. I'd go for a pair of Revolt Rhino's or even RC Rhino's, love the bases with that graphic.

What would I like to see?

Hrmm, love bold bases. Yellow, bright orange, bright green, red, maybe even neon colors that reflect off the snow. I want to see RVL8 and/or SKIBOARDS plastered on the bottoms in bold block letters easy to read from the lift or when at the skirack. Free, awesome in your face advertising right there. No fancy writing or scribbly fonts please.

Top sheet, not sure but toss out a few preorder options for a limited edition preseason run maybe. Let's see what's available to vote on before they're out. Life is short, waiting an extra season for a board that really speaks to me is painful, lol. The graphic definitely has to span both boards for ultimate coolness.

I'd probably have a 300ZX driving a twisted road, PENTAX SLR, Pints of beer or something beer related with fresh hops, a polar bear shot when I was in the Arctic, perhaps even a shot of an icebreaker on a pair of RC's. Go anywhere, do anything boards. That's obviously a very personalized board for me but hey.
      Fun to look back at this thread of ideas and see if they panned out. I noticed the RCs got the Polar Bear shot that was posted above! Not to mention the green neon/highlighter-ish colour! So stoked!
      Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
      Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
      Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

The blunt XLs have the best graphics of the season. That is all.

Comment

Working...
        X