No announcement yet.

The Blunt Owners Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll get my first taste with a pair of Line Jedi's. 90cm, but only a 11-10ish-11 profile, and from what I hear about older (these are 99's) boards to newer constructions, very stiff. Having a background (read: upbringing) on ice skates, I'll see how it goes borrowing bindings and the last several years of knowledge snowboarding.

If l goes well, I'll demo/meet-and-swap with a few guys in New England, and get a pair from G. Blunts are at the top I of the list to demo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
      ....If my daughter takes to my set of 120s this season I will have a set of well cared for Blunts to sell early in the season...
      Before you sell let's connect. I never got a chance to try the Blunts last season and want to take them for a spin to see if I need to add them to my quiver. I also picked up a pair of regular Condors that I bet you would love.

Also keep me in the loop if you do any Elk trips this season. I never connected with you guys last year but feel we need a PA/East Coast meet-up this year. I'll buy the first round at the bar apres skiboarding!!
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

• I go mostly on groomed stuff. If it's powder, it's not heavy powder. Argh. The temptation is real!
        Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
        Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
        Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

• Add another Canadian to the club!

Just received my blunts in the mail this week! great quality, a giant upgrade from the old Klimax boards I was on before. tomorrow our hills open here in South East BC. Cant wait.

home town is Cranbrook, BC and I ski mainly at Kimberley Resort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Just received my blunts in the mail this week! great quality, a giant upgrade from the old Klimax boards I was on before. tomorrow our hills open here in South East BC. Cant wait.

Welcome to the forum and the Blunt Owners Club.

Please keep us informed on how you like your new shorties.

Enjoy!
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

You are going to have a great time on the Blunts at Kimberly. I did my first tree runs at Kimberly a number of years back. I am going to have to get back there and Fernie some day.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Welcome to the club. The Blunts are a blast.

Post a picture of your set up if you can.
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Happy to be part of the club!

Comment

• I just joined the bluntz club. They're kind of heavy for me right now.

I really want to be going off jumps all this season. These are my best boards right now.

Going to ride them again today. Hoping I get used to them.
                    The thickness makes them hard to do ground tricks that involve crossing your feet. But that's probably because I'm small and not used to the size, and also because I didn't keep in shape this year.

I'm going to do some beginner progression to get used to skiboarding on bigger boards with release riser bindings I've never had before. Hopefully get comfortable on the bluntz. Especially need to be able to do some ground tricks again. Gonna shift my weight harder on the front so I can get up on the toes. I haven't tested the bend on them yet.

Hell, I'm kind of scared to do that because they're new!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to add, THE BOARDS LOOK FUCKING AMAZING! Real head turner! Makes you feel good with them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Synn View Post
                      I just joined the bluntz club

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to add, THE BOARDS LOOK FUCKING AMAZING! Real head turner! Makes you feel good with them!
                      Welcome. Post up a picture of your set up. Which model and year did you get? We haven't seen the 2015 Blunt graphic yet.

I found them hard to edge at first as well due to width, especially moving up from the skinny MNPs. I used a extra riser pad under my bindings to increase the stack height. Now they are all I ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                        Welcome. Post up a picture of your set up. Which model and year did you get? We haven't seen the 2015 Blunt graphic yet.

I found them hard to edge at first as well due to width, especially moving up from the skinny MNPs. I used a extra riser pad under my bindings to increase the stack height. Now they are all I ride.
                        I've got the 2015 XL Bluntz.
                        I'm not much of a picture person, but I'm certain I'll have at least one before the season is over.

Comment

• Crappy pic alert. Set up with risers and full tilt booters

Comment

• So I had a great weekend on the bluntz. It was a lot of fun, the snow still isn't any good because the weather is so warm, but I was carving smoothly on this thin snow. definitely do not go as fast as thinner skiboards, some snowboarders wrecked me in a race. I took it to the park most of the day off the jumps and it's very comfortable landing, the Bluntz are much better off jumps than I imagined.

Still cannot do any ground tricks I could before except spinning around, but maybe next weekend!
                            There has hardly been any slopes open over here in Ontario, Canada. Weather just has not been good for skiing so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Synn View Post
                              So I had a great weekend on the bluntz. It was a lot of fun, the snow still isn't any good because the weather is so warm, but I was carving smoothly on this thin snow. definitely do not go as fast as thinner skiboards, some snowboarders wrecked me in a race. I took it to the park most of the day off the jumps and it's very comfortable landing, the Bluntz are much better off jumps than I imagined.

Still cannot do any ground tricks I could before except spinning around, but maybe next weekend!
                              There has hardly been any slopes open over here in Ontario, Canada. Weather just has not been good for skiing so far.
                              If you haven't seen it before, here is the B Lyfe EP3 edit with some Blunt park action.

Comment

• Now a proud Blunt XL owner

Just received my Blunt XL (and my first pair of RVL8 Skiboards) in mail today. Thanks a lot Greco! the board looks amazing, the softboot set up looks great. One tiny issue that I noticed was the foam inside one of the savvi wings at the top got scraped off a bit, probably happened during shipping or something. This is my first time using snowboard bindings so I don't know much about them; just wondering if that's gonna cause any issue? (my instincts tell me they're nothing)

Now I just can't wait to get out to hit some slopes here in South Korea while I'm visiting my family. Also if anybody is in South Korea right now and would like a skiboard buddy, please please PM me up!

I'm from Vancouver, Canada, and home mountain is Whistler I would say (even though my budget would yell at me otherwise)

Comment

Working...
                                X