The Blunt Owners Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirk View Post
    First board in years that I can't wait to ride!

Very interested to see how you like the Blunts. They have a tough job trying to get the man that the KTPs are named after to give them any love.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
      Very interested to see how you like the Blunts. They have a tough job trying to get the man that the KTPs are named after to give them any love.
      Yeah - right now I'm "cautiously optimistic" about them. I absolutely love the length and width dimensions, but I am not sure if the combination of short length, rocker, and softer flex will provide the support for the way I ride... All bets are off until I get them on the snow!

Looking at them next to my KTPs, the only thing that crosses my mind is "why have I been riding these long skinny things?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
        Looking at them next to my KTPs, the only thing that crosses my mind is "why have I been riding these long skinny things?!?"
        How do you know when a skiboard is wide? It makes the KTPs look skinny!
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

How do you know when a skiboard is wide? It makes the KTPs look skinny!
          That's a good one!
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Doin have to remove the brakes from my risers to put them on the blunts?

I know this has been discussed but can I just mount my risers with the brakes retracted and wear leashes?

Will this interfere with the function of the binding?

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
            33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

just ordered my blunts! very excited!

I've got the 2013 120s with the risers + release bindings. I'm gonna have to de-brake as well. hoping it's easy so I can just do a quick swap between days when I get to COLORADO next month!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post

perhaps we should ask Jeff Singer about this .... my own inclination if I was using release bindings with brakes and switching between and uber wide board and a narrower one , would be just to leave the brakes on the wide board as long as the brakes were not overhanging the sides of the board in any way and just use leashes ...
                ps . depending on the year and model of the spruce riser/bindings you have, some you can just remove the brakes , others you need to replace the brake with a separate heel pad that you need to get from the dealer or spruce ... otherwise the release will not work properly .....
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I know this has been discussed but can I just mount my risers with the brakes retracted and wear leashes?

Will this interfere with the function of the binding?

I don't think it matters if the brakes won't clear the board. I have my Pro Sport risers with brakes on the Blunts. See photos. I don't see any reason why this would impair the function of the binding in any way. When a boot is not in the binding the brakes are simply resting on board's top surface instead of the ground on the sides of the board. When a boot is in the binding the brakes are in their usual upward position. In the event of a binding release I don't see how the heel pad that is attached to the brakes would come into play in "ejecting" your boot from the binding so I don't think the fact that the brake arms won't come down all the way and thus the heel pad is probably not coming up all the way would cause a problem.

I am not an expert on this but for my own use I have no worries.

Think Like a Mountain

Comment

I don't think it matters if the brakes won't clear the board. I have my Pro Sport risers with brakes on the Blunts. See photos. I don't see any reason why this would impair the function of the binding in any way.
                    What would worry me about doing this is when the brakes release and the arms come down hard, it doing damage to the boards. I can see it marring the topsheets or chipping the sidewalls.

I took the brakes off my Salomons with little effort, but I'm not seeing how to take them off my Rossignols that easily. Maybe they aren't meant to come off?
                    Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                      What would worry me about doing this is when the brakes release and the arms come down hard, it doing damage to the boards. I can see it marring the topsheets or chipping the sidewalls.

I took the brakes off my Salomons with little effort, but I'm not seeing how to take them off my Rossignols that easily. Maybe they aren't meant to come off?
                      I don't think the brakes come down with that much force, plus the brakes are plastic on the ends so that lessens the potential for them to cause damage. Personally, I am not worried about it. I want the brakes to clear the boards on my 120s so I am leaving them on. I am OK with a short board like the Blunt being tethered to me by a leash, but not a longboard like the 120s. I really don't want a long set of sticks with sharp edges to be flailing about if I crash.
                      Think Like a Mountain

Comment

I've been riding with receptors but I had an idea to try them with risers to see if I didn't like the 125's or the risers or both.

Wondering if maybe I'm just no meant to ride release bindings.

On a side note... I took my ktp's out last weekend for one run. I couldn't get them off fast enough. Had my line ff cams on them. Again don't know if I was spoiled by the blunts or the receptors, but was very unhappy with the combination ktp/ line ff cam.

Think I may be a total blunt concert. Guess I'll find out next weekend.

33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Think I may be a total blunt concert. Guess I'll find out next weekend.
                          Where do I buy tickets for the Blunt concert?
                          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by greensolo View Post
                            just ordered my blunts! very excited!

I've got the 2013 120s with the risers + release bindings. I'm gonna have to de-brake as well. hoping it's easy so I can just do a quick swap between days when I get to COLORADO next month!
                            Please post some pictures of your set up when it comes in. I'll add you to the member list. Welcome!

To get the brakes off most bindings you have to take them off the risers first. I don't think it's recommended to remove and replace the bindings off the risers too often as the threads may wear. You may want to check with Jeff at Spruce before doing this.

I took the brakes of all of our bindings for this reason and we just use leashes. Also solves the problem of which boards may or may not be too wide for brakes.
                            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Dream boards .. . . . .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
                              Crossbow (go to dream board)
                              Most everything else over time.
                              Go Android

Comment

My Blunts with the Spruce riser and a new RVL8 sticker:

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Working...
                                X