The Blunt Owners Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    If you haven't seen it before, here is the B Lyfe EP3 edit with some Blunt park action.

Hell yeah I've seen that!
    I'm waiting for their 2015 Blunt video.

God, the weekend cannot come any slower. My hill will be open on Friday, I'm thinking about bringing my gear to the office, and just heading there straight from work.

Comment

• My Blunt XL's arrived yesterday. Pretty little things with a full figured sex appeal. Three coats of wax and a binding insertion later they are ready to go. I also made the bold move of stripping off the ancient snowboard security straps and putting on the yellow SnowJam straps with plastic locking buckles. I'll see if they are the better mousetrap. Anything that keeps me from touching metal in the cold is worth trying. My thanks to Greco for attention to detail with both board prep and packaging. The boards have a razor sharp edge and suffered not the smallest cosmetic damage from their long trip. This weekend will be a Blunt XL and Sherpa weekend. It is not uncommon for me to have my roof box clogged with skiboards, skis and a snowboard. But, this weekend will be all skiboards all the time.
      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

• So the Blunt XLs have been a little bit too heavy for me (because I'm small). Making it hard to do ground tricks I formally could do from the extra weight.
        Though, riding backwards, and on one foot, is much easier.

I want to pickup some updated skinny skiboards to compare them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Synn View Post
          So the Blunt XLs have been a little bit too heavy for me (because I'm small). Making it hard to do ground tricks I formally could do from the extra weight.
          Though, riding backwards, and on one foot, is much easier.

I want to pickup some updated skinny skiboards to compare them.
          Synn - I tried replying to your PM on another subject, but your message quota has been reached. Says you need to delete some messages in inbox or sent box in order for me to send it.

Comment

• I made a poor decision today... I decided to go off into a small ungroomed area on my Blunts, and I finally realized where these little boards excel. Sigh. The groomers will never feel the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by mary View Post
              I made a poor decision today... I decided to go off into a small ungroomed area on my Blunts, and I finally realized where these little boards excel. Sigh. The groomers will never feel the same.
              haha, so true!
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

• I do not want to hijack the thread so feel free to move this post to a more appropriate thread if needed. I've read multiple comments about making the BXL's with a stiffer tail and some comments about a stiffer nose. In my admittedly limited time with the BXL's I found their powder performance to be basically off the charts given their size. Once I digested the fact that feeling the tails evaporate was simply that - a feeling as opposed to reality - I could ride them in my normal "from the heels" driving mode without any adjustment in riding style and so the tails dug in and the noses just jumped up and playfully tossed me around through all manner of deep crud and mank. They were incredible fun. How would stiffening them up affect their current behavior? Are these desires for better hardpack performance? How would pow performance be affected? Thanks guys.
                "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

• Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                  I've read multiple comments about making the BXL's with a stiffer tail and some comments about a stiffer nose. In my admittedly limited time with the BXL's I found their powder performance to be basically off the charts given their size.
                  IMO the XLs are perfect as is. There have only been a couple people bringing up stiffer tails on the XLs. Said people are used to riding on the tails of their stiff boards to keep the tips from diving. That's not necessary with the XLs. It's their style that needs to adapt to the XLs and not the other way around.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                    I've read multiple comments about making the BXL's with a stiffer tail and some comments about a stiffer nose.
                    I believe the original request was partly about making the XLs more park friendly, where it's not so much about effective running length as effective landing length.
                    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Add me to the owners/fan club. Just got my 2014 Blunts and took them to the local mountain on Saturday. Spent a lot of time on greens with the kids, much of it riding backwards, and finally nailed ground spins for the first time, I suspect thanks to the flat center of the boards.

I finally got onto the blacks when the kids went for lunch, and immediately almost went over backwards on the short boards. But very quickly I got the hang of the balance required, sitting back a little in that sweet spot with the tips up slightly and just kind of gliding over everything. I was having so much fun playing in all the piles of snow I could find. Next weekend I'll work on getting these guys on edge more.

Incidentally, it was very noticeable how much more attention the Blunts attracted on the slopes, compared to my Chickens. I don't think I made it through a single lift line without comment, almost entirely very positive. Mostly along the lines of: "wow those are cool, what are they?", equally from skiers and snowboarders. They particularly seemed to fire up the kids: "dad, look at that guy's cool skis".
                      2008 Chickens, 2014 Blunts
                      2014 Spruce Pro Sport Risers + Tyrolia SL100
                      2012 Nordica Enforcer boots
                      Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Comment

• Originally posted by harpo View Post
                        Add me to the owners/fan club. Just got my 2014 Blunts and took them to the local mountain on Saturday.
                        Done, and welcome. We love pictures of people's set ups and home mountains..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                          Done, and welcome. We love pictures of people's set ups and home mountains..........
                          I'll have to do some Blunt selfies this weekend ...
                          2008 Chickens, 2014 Blunts
                          2014 Spruce Pro Sport Risers + Tyrolia SL100
                          2012 Nordica Enforcer boots
                          Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Comment

• Just realized I should have posted this last year. Got my Blunts courtesy of Sempai last season, around November I think. I use the Rvl8 soft boot bindings with my Ride snowboard boots. I ride Sierra at Tahoe, Northstar, Kirkwood, Boreal, and occasionally Heavenly.

(Tried to post a pic but I keep getting an error no matter what I do. Any suggestions? I've tried posting in several other posts as well with no luck)

Dev

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdevs View Post

(Tried to post a pic but I keep getting an error no matter what I do. Any suggestions? I've tried posting in several other posts as well with no luck)
                              I use http://postimage.org/ upload a photo to that, it will open up a new window where that image is hosted, keep that tab open, then while your in the forum and you click the image button it will give you the option of pointing it to a URL, go back to the tab and right click the image, copy the location and paste that URL in the forum window.. uncheck the box that says retrieve and store locally.. bang, done. Simple as that really

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdevs View Post
                                Tried to post a pic but I keep getting an error no matter what I do. Any suggestions? I've tried posting in several other posts as well with no luck)

Dev
                                Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X