Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blunt Owners Club

THE BLUNT OWNERS CLUB

Blunt owners can introduce their board to the world here.

Please make a post saying were your Blunts home resort is and you binding and boot preference. A picture would be nice showing your set up. Please feel free to give your impressions of the Blunts as well.

The information from this thread will migrate to the "Blunt Central" thread as a resource to help promote the boards and provide information about them to new members.

Greco, The Bluntfather
    valmorel, Test Pilot UK
    JJue, Test Pilot USA
    CAN, Brianhead UT, the first order!
    Bad Wolf, Arizona Snowbowl
    Bluewing, Bear Creek and Elk Mountain PA
    Sempai, currently on tour in the west
    Zach, Killington VT
    Slow, north of the border
    krillinakw, PA
    Gromit, UK
    Kirk, big air somewhere in PA
    greensolo, blown away in Chicago
    Air-Rick, Winnipeg eh
    macrophotog, with FedEx between SF and PA
    Caietaro, Scituate MA
    matthew, Colorado
    cmbruin, Colorado
    Rickylink, Mammoth
    Noobee, Anchorage, half way to Russia
    mary, Sothwestern PA
    Cool guy in Spain.
    crocos, New Zealand
    Waldo, where's Waldo?.....New Zealand
    harpo, somewhere in the US
    Bert, Cranbrook BC
    XLs
    mrzuzzo CA
    Synn, Ontario Canada Eh
    Mahatma, Japan
    Kochu, Maryland
    Lenartalot, Londinium
    Just these, nothing else !

Bad Wolf

I purchased my Blunts in November 2013 after reading the initial reviews of them from valmorel. I prefer shorter boards and felt that the Blunts represented the advancement of skiboard technology.

My home resort is Arizona Snowbowl and I will be riding them with Line FF Pro non release bindings and Nordica Hotrod hard ski boots. At some point I would like to try them with a snowboard boot binding set up.

Please PM me if you are in AZ and would like to try them out.

Attached Files

Comment

Production boards alongside prototypes. The protos have plain black bases. First rode them late summer at Mnt Xscape UK. Knew within 100m they were dream boards. Ski like a 110, handle like a 90!

Both sets are fitted with Receptor bindings. I prefer skiing them with my retro Salomon boots

But also use my four clippers sometimes

The board is NOT demanding when it comes to boots. You just don't need hard expert footwear so go for comfort or maybe the softboot option like snowboarders use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

:-)

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
        33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

My first ride on the Blunts on 29-Nov-2013 at Blue Mountain in Palmerton, PA

In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
          Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

I was one of the people who pushed for the Blunts to be made. I knew they would make for a great pair of shorties. I preordered them as soon as the annoucement was made they'd be in the 2014 RVL8 lineup.

I've ridden them once so far and was very pleased with their performance. I look forward to riding them a lot more this season.

My home resort is Afton Alps, MN.

My Blunts:

My Blunts first time on the snow at Wild Mountain, MN, December 1, 2013:
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

My Blunts have yet to be on the snow. We are now in a deep freeeze...........grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I have them set up with modified (duck foot & 3 rubber pads) Bombers and will be using my R/E Salomon 95 EXP boots. First ride will either be at Frost Fire ND or Holiday Mountain MB when the weather warms up. Hopefuly before Christmas.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                My Blunts have yet to be on the snow. We are now in a deep freeeze...........grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I have them set up with modified (duck foot & 3 rubber pads) Bombers and will be using my R/E Salomon 95 EXP boots. First ride will either be at Frost Fire ND or Holiday Mountain MB when the weather warms up. Hopefuly before Christmas.
                I admire a man with custom stickers. Nice set up.

Comment

First board in years that I can't wait to ride!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                    First board in years that I can't wait to ride!
                    You best be getting out there tonight before everything melts, urban style.

Comment

The Blunt Owners Club

I've been lurking here for weeks and finally joined this forum Here's a pic of my blunts with technine bindings that arrived back in November.

Comment

Originally posted by D1105 View Post
                        I've been lurking here for weeks and finally joined this forum Here's a pic of my blunts with technine bindings that arrived back in November.
                        Welcome to the forum.

Have you had a chance to ride that sweet setup yet? Be sure to post how you find them.
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                          Welcome to the forum.

Have you had a chance to ride that sweet setup yet? Be sure to post how you find them.
                          Thanks! Unfortunately no, hopefully I can break them in next month.

Comment

Great set up.

I like the look of the RVL *8 logo on the black tip.

Comment

I have that same setup. You are going to love them. I now call them the limited edition Technine bindings. That elf on a shelf creeps me out though.
                              Chad
                              64 CM Bigfoot’s
                              100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                              110 CM Rockered Condors
                              130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Working...
                              X