2012 Nordica Enforcer boots
    Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Comment

Originally posted by harpo View Post
      Yes, I ordered the spruce pro sport.
      That will be a nice set up.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Yes, I ordered the spruce pro sport.
        I have those and they perform very well. This will be a nice combination for you.
        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Thought I'd report back on this thread as I finally got out on the slopes for a few days on my new chickens. Overall, I'm completely sold and had a total blast riding these boards.

First day I was on greens with the kids and got the hang of skating on flat terrain very quickly. Second day I hit some longer black runs and immediately burnt out my legs trying to get on edge. Not quite sure what I was doing wrong (probably just trying too hard), but third day everything clicked and I was carving pretty easily down all the terrain. Riding without poles came very naturally and was very convenient for dealing with the kids (especially when my 8-year-old decided to try a dive off the chairlift). In particular, high-speed hockey stops are ludicrously fun and easy on boards.

Couple of questions:

- I seemed to spend a lot more time in the backseat with a more upright stance than on regular skis; this worked out pretty well, is it normal?

- next time out I'd like to work on some ground tricks: riding backwards came pretty easily, but I couldn't make front-to-back transition (or vice-versa), just managed to put myself into a turn and stop. Any pointers?

Thanks folks.
          2008 Chickens, 2014 Blunts
          2014 Spruce Pro Sport Risers + Tyrolia SL100
          2012 Nordica Enforcer boots
          Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Comment

- next time out I'd like to work on some ground tricks: riding backwards came pretty easily, but I couldn't make front-to-back transition (or vice-versa), just managed to put myself into a turn and stop. Any pointers?
            Try not to lean or tilt your upper body when you transition. You are turning and stopping by engaging the edges, you want the skis to be flat.

This video is in Japanese but it's easy to work out with the graphics. There is a series of them that are popular on the forum. They are doing jump turns in the video but the same body position rules count for ground spins.

Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I seemed to spend a lot more time in the backseat with a more upright stance than on regular skis; this worked out pretty well, is it normal?
              This is normal. The centered mount and symmetrical or almost symmetrical allow the ride to stay in a more upright centered stance. You don't want to really be on the tails in the "backseat" but you don't have to have the forward lean that a skier does.
              Boards:
              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
              X