Blunt Moods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caietaro View Post
    It seemed to happen in both conditions. I too just kept them on edge a bit when this started to happen so it wasn't too bad, I was just surprised at first since I didn't expect it.
    First few days on my blunts felt the same for me. In fact somewhere on here I post almost the exact same thing.

The more I ride them the more I love them. I don't know if I got used to the squirllyness or if I have adjusted my riding to compensate.

I know I have adjusted on ice. My ktp's had so much edge and stiffness that I could carve over and through anything. The blunts I slarve over ice rather then planting a firm edge.

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
    33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

• You've got to love the Blunts for how easy they are to maintain. I do. I hate scraping boards after a hot waxing, but with the Blunts it's easy peasy. I just got done earlier in preparation for this weekend's mini shredfest.

The Blunts are ready!
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
        .................... in preparation for this weekend's mini shredfest.
        haha, I will need to start on Blunts then.
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

• I continue to be surprised by my surefootedness of the Blunts in varying conditions. We started out on nicely groomed man made snow today, then suffered a melt down after lunch with a high of 48 degrees. The top layer softened up revealing patches of old ice underneath. There were lots of folks going down on the ice, some even walking back to the lodge. The Blunts just cruised through it. The carve on the softer snow would just turn into a slarve on the ice, but without sliding out. I tried my Sladashes, but switched back after one run. I just didn't have a confident edge on them.

My fear of purchasing the Blunts is coming true. They are making the rest of my boards redundant.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Slow and I rode the Blunts yesterday. I had a wonderful day on them, and I'm pretty sure Slow did too. It was his first time on the Blunts. He'll probably chime in with a review soon. Hopefully there will also be a video posted.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Certainly was a great day on the Blunts. Not only was it my first ride on the Blunts but also my first ride of the season. The Blunts did not disappoint. Chasing sempai; I was riding much faster with them than I ever would have expected on such a short Skiboard. Great stability and control on the steep groomed runs. Also to my surprise, not as tiring as I anticipated.

BTW: I used my three rubber pad modified Bombers with the Blunts. They provided a smooth ride and edging was easy. Only thing I had to adjust to was weighing the tips verses riding the tails like I do on longer skiboards when I get tired or lazy.

The Blunts are keepers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

• Today was my first day on blunts as well.

Felt really good on groomed and chop

Easy to skate and stable when trying to pick up speed.

There were a few posts of blunts being squirly on flats but I didn't have that issue(not today at least)

I was able to do grounded 360's for the first time ever as mentioned on another post.

Love these boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by slow View Post
                  Certainly was a great day on the Blunts. Not only was it my first ride on the Blunts but also my first ride of the season. The Blunts did not disappoint. Chasing sempai; I was riding much faster with them than I ever would have expected on such a short Skiboard. Great stability and control on the steep groomed runs. Also to my surprise, not as tiring as I anticipated.

BTW: I used my three rubber pad modified Bombers with the Blunts. They provided a smooth ride and edging was easy. Only thing I had to adjust to was weighing the tips verses riding the tails like I do on longer skiboards when I get tired or lazy.

The Blunts are keepers!
                  I posted a short video of the Blunts in action in the media section: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...759#post140759
                  sigpic

Comment

• I rode nothing but the Blunts for three straight days at the Powdown. I had to, they were all I brought! They were great in all the conditions we encountered and I never felt myself wishing for other boards. They carve nicely on the soft mid day groomers and kept a good edge when it got icy. They floated nicely in the powder and cut through the crud well. I felt they were at their best in the bumps and the trees, especially the bumps in the trees. To be fair I found myself lagging behind the rest of the group on the flats, but I'm not that fast to begin with. They gave me the confidence to tackle terrain I would not usually consider.

Quick, versatile and responsive.

Comment

• @Bad Wolf - I'm glad to hear they are working out so well for you too. I keep riding them more and more, and actually this last weekend got to ride them on some decent size jumps (40 footers) without issue. The more I ride them the more I can manage the flex on landings.

These are the boards that would make 90% of the skiiers at a resort on a given day never want to touch long skis again...

Comment

• Originally posted by kirk View Post
                        These are the boards that would make 90% of the skiiers at a resort on a given day never want to touch long skis again...
                        Absolutely!

A couple of other Powndowners had fun on them this weekend. I'm hoping they will post up their experiences as well.

A Blunt park edit would be cool.....

Comment

@Bad Wolf - I'm glad to hear they are working out so well for you too. I keep riding them more and more, and actually this last weekend got to ride them on some decent size jumps (40 footers) without issue. The more I ride them the more I can manage the flex on landings.

Oh oh! Careful Kirk, that whole soft flex thing creeps up on you LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                          Crossbow (go to dream board)
                          Most everything else over time.
                          Go Android

Comment

• Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                            Oh oh! Careful Kirk, that whole soft flex thing creeps up on you LOL
                            Haha - I wouldn't go that far just yet... I definitely still have stiff-flex-bias, but I've gotten to where the softer flex doesn't actively annoy me while riding. But I do keep thinking it would be nice if the KTPs were a bit shorter and fatter...

Comment

Haha - I wouldn't go that far just yet... I definitely still have stiff-flex-bias, but I've gotten to where the softer flex doesn't actively annoy me while riding. But I do keep thinking it would be nice if the KTPs were a bit shorter and fatter...
                              And softer . . . .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                              Crossbow (go to dream board)
                              Most everything else over time.
                              Go Android

Comment

• Greco has some limited edition Snowjam bindings that he has converted that are black and white and perfect compliments to the Blunts .. I have no idea how many are left , the newer Snowjam bindings I think are all black .. I think they are super cool looking on the Blunts !

Boards :
                                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                                Boots
                                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                                Bindings:
                                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
                                X