No announcement yet.

Blunt Moods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've posted my impressions of the prototype Blunts before. The production Blunts are exactly the same, in the way they perform.
    A really, really brilliant skiboard which should be at the top of anyone's list.
    Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
    Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
    Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
      Awesome quiver photo! One thing that stands out besides the Blunts - how much different the profile is for the 125s from the other boards.
      What's the board second from the right in between the 125 and the 120?

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
      33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
        Very short vid of Gromit carving the production Blunts this morning. This board carves so easily and sweetly it will self teach just via feedback. Wonderful board for a beginner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BpC...e_gdata_player

Go Nexus
        Are you then calling Gromit a beginner?

Obviously kidding - after watching Jack's 2 videos and this short clip I can definitely see why this board should be appealing to beginners as well as more advanced riders. It is a bit of a paradox - a short fat board that is stable, easy to edge, floats over the snow with no grabbing or hooking and is easy to ride. It shouldn't be able to do what it can do.
        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          What's the board second from the right in between the 125 and the 120?

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
          Coda Custom 120WT

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...highlight=Coda
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
            Are you then calling Gromit a beginner?

Obviously kidding - after watching Jack's 2 videos and this short clip I can definitely see why this board should be appealing to beginners as well as more advanced riders. It is a bit of a paradox - a short fat board that is stable, easy to edge, floats over the snow with no grabbing or hooking and is easy to ride. It shouldn't be able to do what it can do.
            Bluewing, Gromit is most certainly not a beginner but for reasons I won't go into here has always had trouble getting carving to work properly with his physique. Having tried Snowblades, Head 94s, Summit 110s, 120s, Alps, Condors, Rockered Condors (getting the message?) On and on, the Blunts finally do it. This is actually a huge breakthrough as it makes sking ice/hardpack doable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

Bindings adjusted, boards waxed, ready to shred...Bring on the snow!

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Here are the Blunts in a lineup with our other shorties.

87 cm, 88 cm, 89 cm, 94 cm, 98 cm

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                  Bluewing, Gromit is most certainly not a beginner but for reasons I won't go into here has always had trouble getting carving to work properly with his physique. Having tried Snowblades, Head 94s, Summit 110s, 120s, Alps, Condors, Rockered Condors (getting the message?) On and on, the Blunts finally do it. This is actually a huge breakthrough as it makes sking ice/hardpack doable.

That is great! A testament to how great the Blunts are.

Anybody who saw that one photo Gromit took of you on the RCs on that super steep pitch (the one with the lift towers in the background to show the steepness of the pitch) would know Gromit is not a beginner if he could get to and stop where he did to take that photo!
                  In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                  Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post

I have no shorties fit to share a line up with my Blunts LOL

Go Android

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post

Think I might put that blue Line Pro on the Blunts . . . . .

Go Android

Comment

Blunts are certainly different than the rest of the offerings.
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Damn they are wide. My daughter asked if they "were wide enough for both feet" (ie two bindings on one board). Perhaps a little wider and we'll have the first mono-skiboard.

Cool pic!!! Thanks!
                          Boards:
                          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

• It's a Sunday morning no snow photo fest on the forum.

Here is my shortie quiver. In fact, apart form the Summit 110 Customs, it's my entire quiver. I guess some of you guys probably have as many longer boards as shorter. I wasn't sure if I should line them up by height or width, but it's interesting to see the variety of board designs over time.

Look how FAT those Blunts are, maybe they should be called Gorditas.

Attached Files
                            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                              It's a Sunday morning no snow photo fest on the forum.

Here is my shortie quiver. In fact, apart form the Summit 110 Customs, it's my entire quiver. I guess some of you guys probably have as many longer boards as shorter. I wasn't sure if I should line them up by height or width, but it's interesting to see the variety of board designs over time.

Look how FAT those Blunts are, maybe they should be called Gorditas.

The Blunt is like two times the width of the Bullet.
                              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                              Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

The Blunt is like two times the width of the Bullet.
                                Float like a butterfly.
                                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Working...
                                X