Blunt Moods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
    Hey CAN2, you gonna give these a try since CAN has them?????? Let me know!
    pinkkid - welcome back!
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
      To you guys that tried the Blunts -- Are any of you over 6' tall and/or plus 200 lbs?

All the reviews sound amazing but I am wondering how they ride for a "Big Tall Guy". I am intrigued by the boards but cautious since I have always felt more comfortable on my 120s and 125LEs than my shorter boards. I think this is mostly height related as I have a higher center of gravity that gets much further "outside" the boards while turning and requires more edge to hold the turn.
      Wookie. I'm not over 6 feet but I'm well over 200 pounds. I'll let you know hopefully by next weekend how the handle:-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
        Cool, happy to let you mess with any of the boards in my quiver and buy the first round at the bar as payment.

I'm doing my snow dance as we speak. I think is it going to be a good season but won't know until we get some Pocono pavement to ride on. Perhaps we need an East Coast meet-up so we can all try the boards in each other's quivers (Bear Creek, Elk, Killington)?
        You know my vote on that Wookie:-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
          pinkkid - welcome back!
          Ignore pinkkid! She's only allowed back if her boards actually get on some snow.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            My Blunts have arrived. OMG! They are so cool looking. I wasn't sure about this graphic, but now seeing them in person, I love it. The silver Receptors are the bomb. They are the sharpest and cleanest looking color in the RVL8 lineup, IMO. After buying a pair for my wife's Chickens a while back, I was looking for an excuse to have my own pair. Now I have it.

Oh man! The Blunts are so short and fat. I can tell without even riding them; they're going to be a riot and my new favorite pair of boards.

Mine are on the way.

Why am I so impatient for them to arrive when we don't even have any snow yet?
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Hey, Pink! You bet I want to try them--and not just because they look sweeeeet! I want to see how they compare to his KTP's, which were a blast but wore out my ankles in a half day because of the width. It was hard to rest and just cruise easy on those 'cuz they were incredibly fun to carve. They are saying these blunts are just easy-goin' so I will definitely do a test--although once he got his softboot bindings on them, Chad's saying he's not sure how to get them off...I think it's just a ploy not to have to share...
              You know what's weird? I still haven't tried his RC's, and am not even curious about them. I wonder if any females on the forum have tried those out, and what they think... Maybe that will have to be my first test if I can't get Chad off the Blunts
              '07 "soft" ALPs
              Eyeball DLPs
              125 LEs
              Ospreys mounted bindings
              Crossbows
              Spruce riser release bindings
              Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                Mine are on the way.

Why am I so impatient for them to arrive when we don't even have any snow yet?
                Probably for the same reason you (we) are on this site daily. Tuning and waxing our skiboards way ahead of the season. And walking around the house in ski gear ..... YOU LOVE SKIBOARDING and can't wait to try it in a new way.
                Boards:
                2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                  The Blunts are little boards that act like big boards . For a Condor fanatic like me ... they feel very similar to Condors but easier to turn and more playful... certainly better carving on firm snow then the Rockered Condors and similar to regular Condors but without the extra length. Zero camber and Rockered tips make them super easy to turn and fun , smoother turning then Regular Condors or KTP's . Ease of turning similar to Rockered Condors but with better firm snow edging. They don't really feel like tiny boards ... they feel like super competent serious all mountain skiboards but with the added playfulness and fun of a shortie .. The Yin Yang motif really expresses the contradictions of this board . I love them !

The new SBOL modified Technine soft boot bindings are a superb match for these boards .. , all the control I could want , yet super comfortable and a more intimate feel for what is happening underfoot then hard boots.... No hardboots for me on the Blunts ... for me they are super fun comfy boards , that for the way I ride just cry out for the SBOL modified Technine soft boot binding set up . The new SBOL set up has a more flexible and easy going feel then the more rigid Rocker binding . Flexible in a good sense and not sloppy at all . I think I would definitely prefer the Technine set up on this board then my Rocker bindings .

More Video

My 15-yr old daughter's reactions to watching this video (and thinking about what it will be like for her to ride her Blunts):

--Those boards look so small!
                  --Those boards look like they are just floating across the snow!
                  --Those boards are digging deep trenches in the snow!
                  --That guy rocks those boards!

Can't wait to get her out on these.
                  Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                    --That guy rocks those boards!
                    That guy actually had the brakes on LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
                    Crossbow (go to dream board)
                    Most everything else over time.
                    Go Android

Comment

There here!

Hope it's not heresy to put my Line FF Pros on them, but they do look good in gold/black.

Attached Files
                      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Mine arrived today as well!

They round out our quiver of skiboards nicely.

Given all the attention Maria was giving the Blunts, I am not sure if and when I will have a chance to ride them.
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                          Mine arrived today as well!

They round out our quiver of skiboards nicely.

Given all the attention Maria was giving the Blunts, I am not sure if and when I will have a chance to ride them.
                          Awesome quiver photo! One thing that stands out besides the Blunts - how much different the profile is for the 125s from the other boards.
                          Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Originally posted by CANtoo View Post
                            Chad's saying he's not sure how to get them off...I think it's just a ploy not to have to share...)
                            Actually it's not a ploy. I've never had snowboard bindings before. I see the front mounting screws peeking through,but I'm sure I'm missing something easy to remove a piece or something. Anyone with any knowledge please feel free to educate me. I'm snowboard dumb.
                            Edit: I figured out how to lift the back part of the heel pad off revealing the screws. Feeling a little less dumb now.
                            64 CM Bigfoot’s
                            100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                            110 CM Rockered Condors
                            130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Very short vid of Gromit carving the production Blunts this morning. This board carves so easily and sweetly it will self teach just via feedback. Wonderful board for a beginner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BpC...e_gdata_player

Go Nexus
                              Go Android

Comment

Just in passing, I have used the Blunts now with four different pairs of boots ranging from beginner to full on. Made no real difference at all. My preference is for the beginner boots. The lighter weight and softer flex seems to suit the board characteristics. All hardshell boots of course but good portent for anyone considering the soft boot option.

Hey! Don't laugh at my boots man!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
                                Go Android

Comment

Working...
                                X