Blunt Moods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAN View Post

And Blue. I've had a few hazardous days at work working with the middle schoolers, but those are the new pants I'm rocking this year.
    Snap on the pants, my new ones are Lime too.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

We need to have a yellow pants day at Shredfest VI with black SBOL hoodies and Blunts!
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post

We need to have a yellow pants day at Shredfest VI with black SBOL hoodies and Blunts!
        I can do lime pants and the hoodie. Let's also do a Blunts day. It would be funny to see everyone riding them. We'd probably get all kinds of attention.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I'm in, just ordered a pair.

The Blunts I mean, I already have the lime pants and the black SBOL hoodie.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
            I'm in, just ordered a pair.

The Blunts I mean, I already have the lime pants and the black SBOL hoodie.
            Cool. Mine currently being held to ransom by British customs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
              Cool. Mine currently being held to ransom by British customs.
              Mine arrived yesterday, and I have been freaking out since, I can't wait for some schneigh...

Comment

OMG! Fantastic ... Blunts with sbol modified soft boot binding set up , more video and review to come . just a taste.
                I am here at the ski area

here is the direct link to the video clip
                http://youtu.be/VyTbXoVZ5mE
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

You are having too much fun with those Blunts Jack! I look forward to your report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

So jealous... Have not been this excited for my boards to arrive since I got my first pair!

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
                    33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post

OMG! Fantastic ... Blunts with sbol modified soft boot binding set up , more video and review to come . just a taste.
                      I am here at the ski area

here is the direct link to the video clip
                      http://youtu.be/VyTbXoVZ5mE
                      Cool video. Really got to see how the boards worked. Looked like they were carving trenches at the apex of the turn and then a very easy transition across the turn on direction change. So jealous you are riding at the resorts already!
                      In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                      Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

They look great Jack.

Looking forward to reading your review of the Blunts and also the bindings.
                        Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                        Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                        Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Cool Jack. Can't wait to hear more!
                          64 CM Bigfoot’s
                          100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                          110 CM Rockered Condors
                          130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Review

The Blunts are little boards that act like big boards . For a Condor fanatic like me ... they feel very similar to Condors but easier to turn and more playful... certainly better carving on firm snow then the Rockered Condors and similar to regular Condors but without the extra length. Zero camber and Rockered tips make them super easy to turn and fun , smoother turning then Regular Condors or KTP's . Ease of turning similar to Rockered Condors but with better firm snow edging. They don't really feel like tiny boards ... they feel like super competent serious all mountain skiboards but with the added playfulness and fun of a shortie .. The Yin Yang motif really expresses the contradictions of this board . I love them !

The new SBOL modified Technine soft boot bindings are a superb match for these boards .. , all the control I could want , yet super comfortable and a more intimate feel for what is happening underfoot then hard boots.... No hardboots for me on the Blunts ... for me they are super fun comfy boards , that for the way I ride just cry out for the SBOL modified Technine soft boot binding set up . The new SBOL set up has a more flexible and easy going feel then the more rigid Rocker binding . Flexible in a good sense and not sloppy at all . I think I would definitely prefer the Technine set up on this board then my Rocker bindings .

More Video

Boards :
                            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                            Boots
                            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                            Bindings:
                            Zero Pro Non release Binding
                            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Oh no you don't Jjue, you get out there on Blunts with receptor bindings and hardshell boots and find out what they can REALLY do LOL

Go Nexus
                              Crossbow (go to dream board)
                              Most everything else over time.
                              Go Android

Comment

To you guys that tried the Blunts -- Are any of you over 6' tall and/or plus 200 lbs?

All the reviews sound amazing but I am wondering how they ride for a "Big Tall Guy". I am intrigued by the boards but cautious since I have always felt more comfortable on my 120s and 125LEs than my shorter boards. I think this is mostly height related as I have a higher center of gravity that gets much further "outside" the boards while turning and requires more edge to hold the turn.
                                Boards:
                                2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                                2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                                2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                                2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                                2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                                2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
                                X