X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluewing
    replied
    Blunts for the Young Intermediate Rider - Transformational

Not to be too much of a fanboy here, but as I previously reported my teenage daughter is on Blunts this season. She was formerly on Head 94s and at the start of this season was a solid intermediate. We got out this morning to Bear Creek for her 4th outing of the year on Blunts and her riding has progressed a lot. She is now able to ride everything at Bear Creek with confidence. Today she did Extreme for the first time today - a fairly steep, short, narrow run that generally has poor conditions and grooming, 3 times and did great. Conditions were decent on it but it did have some frozen hardpack and sections of marbles. No issues on the Blunts - compete control. She commented afterward that all the times riding the lift over Extreme she never thought she would be able to ski it. She also did Sasquatch 3 times today. Steepest thing at Bear Creek with a very steep top section. She had done Sasquatch once before but today hit it 3 times again with complete confidence. I led her down using short radius turns and slow speed and she followed along great. Conditions were decent but not great but no troubles for her.

In her case the Blunts have really been great. She is able to ski much more difficult terrain, is gliding the long flats and uphill sections way better than before and skating is not problem. She is also doing great in the lift lines, which before were an issue for her. The Blunts are crazy in the way the have such "traction" in the lift line. It wasn't busy today and she was able to ski ride through the cattle chutes up to the chair queuing point.

Leave a comment:

• CAN
    replied
    Originally posted by kirk View Post
    I use the backpack version and absolutely love it. I live in the city and sometimes have to walk 10 blocks to my car and it makes life so much easier. I can have all my equipment, boards, and boots on my back and be hands free. The blunts fit in it great.
    I don't like that the edges touch while strapped in the bag. Maybe I'm paranoid but I'm looking into putting something between them. Any suggestions? I was thinking pipe insulation.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    You can buy two kinds of "Monkey" bags here to transport your skiboards. One is a backpack style and the other a specialty bag with a shoulder strap.

I use the backpack version and absolutely love it. I live in the city and sometimes have to walk 10 blocks to my car and it makes life so much easier. I can have all my equipment, boards, and boots on my back and be hands free. The blunts fit in it great.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    Originally posted by andyC View Post
    Hey y'all.

Loving the blunts. However, I have one question for the community here, how do you conveniently transport your skiboards to and from the slopes?

There are times were I can simply take a bus nearby but they are awkward to carry and possible too fat for a backpack, although a backpack solution would be sweet.

Thanks!
    I use a Camelback 14'er backpack , that has multiple storage compartments , a compartment for a camelback hydration system and side straps that can carry the Blunts on the side , super transportable that way on buses, walking , gondolas ,etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by andyC View Post
    Hey y'all.

Loving the blunts. However, I have one question for the community here, how do you conveniently transport your skiboards to and from the slopes?

There are times were I can simply take a bus nearby but they are awkward to carry and possible too fat for a backpack, although a backpack solution would be sweet.

Thanks!
    Welcome Andy,

You can buy two kinds of "Monkey" bags here to transport your skiboards. One is a backpack style and the other a specialty bag with a shoulder strap.

Post a picture of your Blunt set up so I can add you to the Club;

Blunt Owners Club

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• andyC
    replied
    Hey y'all.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by wjeong View Post
    Summit 110's have a 1 degree base bevel. I found these horrible on ice. I had the bevel removed with a base grind. It will ride much better if you do the same. I also base ground my Marauders before even riding them.
    Thanks, I will do that. That explains a lot about why I seem to have a love/hate relationship with them.

Leave a comment:

• wjeong
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I rode the Summit Custom 110s today and they were a complete disaster on the icy slopes. I switched to the Blunts after the first run and was immediately
    Summit 110's have a 1 degree base bevel. I found these horrible on ice. I had the bevel removed with a base grind. It will ride much better if you do the same. I also base ground my Marauders before even riding them.

Leave a comment:

• Zach
    replied

Thought I would share one from last weekend!

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!

Leave a comment:

• Gromit
    replied
    I'm feeling really encouraged by the great information in this thread and by Kirk's positive review of the Blunts. I'm off to the Alps (3Vs) for a week on Saturday week. I'll only be taking the Blunts and my Receptor-based, twist-out bindings. I've ridden my own Blunts at the snow dome set up as above too. My RCs will be left at home. I don't think that I'll miss them at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    I rode the Summit Custom 110s today and they were a complete disaster on the icy slopes. I switched to the Blunts after the first run and was immediately able to get an edge and a controlled slide on the hard pack.

I think I'm done with the comparisons. I keep coming back to the Blunts and find myself able to enjoy them in any conditions. The time has come just to enjoy them. For me, the best set up is the Line FF Pros with two Line rubber riser pads. This seems to provide just the right height and road feel for my style. I'm going to follow Sempai's lead and just take one pair of boards to the resort and ride them all day. Of course that one pair will be the Blunts.

I think Ashleigh's K@s may be longer;

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by CAN View Post
    Hey Sempai,
    Sorry to hear about your day. At least you're still getting out there. We gave up for the sake of our bases. We decided to stay in Utah and paint our interior walls to keep us busy. Maybe if we all collectively do a snow dance or sacrifice something to Ullr we can get the season going again.
    Chad
    Sorry you guys are having such a dry time. We have only had two small storms in AZ so far, but their commitment to making man made snow has kept most of the mountain open since Thanksgiving. All the trails are open, although they are a little thin in places. It is definitely getting a little icy but they do a good job of grooming most of the lower runs every night.

Another bonus has been the relatively empty lift lines, even over the holidays. The parking lots are full and the rental line is over two hours long, but most folks seem to be heading for the beginners area. The park/intermediate lift and the expert lifts have 2 minute wait time max. We are feeling blessed.

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    Techie light riser with awesome tyrollia Attack toe piece

Go Nexus
    Those look awesome! Brilliant design and build. Someone should make them as production units because they rock.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by slow View Post
    Nice looking riser / binding setup valmorel's. What is the weight savings?

200 gms each board. Lot of work to make though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Nice looking riser / binding setup valmorel's. What is the weight savings?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X