X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caietaro
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
    Did this happen in the groomed snow, skied off snow or both? I experienced a mild amount of tail grab one night riding the Blunts in hard chopped up snow condition. Nothing too bad, but when letting the boards run flat in that condition I did get some tail grabbing and had to adjust to ride a slight edge angle instead of flat to get the ride to smooth out again.
    It seemed to happen in both conditions. I too just kept them on edge a bit when this started to happen so it wasn't too bad, I was just surprised at first since I didn't expect it.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I have found them to be a little 'squirelly" when running flat as well. I'm sure it's an effect of the short running length, zero camber and width. I just keep them on edge now, which is where they seem to be at their happiest anyway.
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Caietaro View Post
    The only trouble I had was when I wasn't carving and was just standing upright with my boards parallel one or both boards would start to get 'squirrelly' and wiggle back and forth, becoming unstable. I'm not sure though yet whether this was a product of the boards,
    I have found them to be a little 'squirelly" when running flat as well. I'm sure it's an effect of the short running length, zero camber and width. I just keep them on edge now, which is where they seem to be at their happiest anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by Caietaro View Post
    The only trouble I had was when I wasn't carving and was just standing upright with my boards parallel one or both boards would start to get 'squirrelly' and wiggle back and forth, becoming unstable. I'm not sure though yet whether this was a product of the boards, the conditions of the snow, or my boots; I was using a new-to-me pair of Deeluxe Track225's but I think they're a tad big. My feet had a little more play inside the boots than I was comfortable with so that was probably a factor.
    Did this happen in the groomed snow, skied off snow or both? I experienced a mild amount of tail grab one night riding the Blunts in hard chopped up snow condition. Nothing too bad, but when letting the boards run flat in that condition I did get some tail grabbing and had to adjust to ride a slight edge angle instead of flat to get the ride to smooth out again.

Leave a comment:

• Caietaro
    replied
    I was able to get out on my new blunts for the first time yesterday. We went to Gunstock in NH for the day. Got there fairly early so I was able to get a handful of runs in on them before the nice groomed runs started to turn to crud. On first impression, I do have to say that I love the blunts so far! I thought that they were incredibly fun and nimble! Carving with them just seemed so easy and natural, more so than with my Rockets. They weren't as fast as the Rockets, which wasn't surprising, however I felt more comfortable on the Blunts once the trails weren't so groomed anymore towards the end of the day. They were able to plow right through snow drifts and small piles with ease.

The only trouble I had was when I wasn't carving and was just standing upright with my boards parallel one or both boards would start to get 'squirrelly' and wiggle back and forth, becoming unstable. I'm not sure though yet whether this was a product of the boards, the conditions of the snow, or my boots; I was using a new-to-me pair of Deeluxe Track225's but I think they're a tad big. My feet had a little more play inside the boots than I was comfortable with so that was probably a factor.

This weekend we're going to try to head up to Sugarbush and I'm hoping to try the blunts next with my Full Tilt Booters and then with my GGO soft boot setup.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389060283.425919.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	245007

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post

I have some video!! It's downloading.
    Here is my eleven year old. Last year she was a "power wedger", this year she is in the process of converting to parallel. We spent the off season in the skate park working on fore/aft and one foot balance. This is her second year on skis.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sempai View Post
    How were conditions at Snowbowl today? Still loving the Blunts?
    Cold and windy, but sunny. Great grooming and coverage (man made). There were 70 mph gusts at the top, so they closed the main lift. No big deal today, me and Little Miss Wolf spent the day cruising the blues and practicing jumps off the kickers in the park. We had a blast together. Each time I ride the Blunts I move further and further away from feeling the need for any other boards. They just seem to give me so much confidence. The two pad riser is definitely the best set up for me.

I have some video!! It's downloading.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    How were conditions at Snowbowl today? Still loving the Blunts?

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    I like my new things to stay looking new, and I try to look after my gear to keep it in good condition. Skiboards with sidewall construction have a tendency for the edges to chip quickly and easily. Sometimes just putting them in a carry bag is enough to ding your edges. I have had my Blunts out several times now and they are doing great. Just a little feathering on the inside edges. Even my OCD for new things isn't being triggered. I presume they have a slightly different construction to the regular sidewall boards?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by slow View Post
    Sounds like you are doing a good job coaching your daughter so she is ready to join you at Shredfest next season.
    it has been a lot of fun skiing with her and she is showing quite a bit of interest in learning more; I have always enjoyed coaching so getting to do a bit of it with her, sometimes very subtly, is cool. I essentially taught myself to ski, so I figure if I can teach a knucklehead like me to ski, then I might be able to help someone bright like her out a bit. I think I have her convinced she can ski most of Elk Mountain so we will try to do an overnight trip together there. If she skis Elk, then Tahoe here we come!

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Right now this seems to be a 31 page thread!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
    yeah - I thought about that when I stopped mid-way down and Sasquatch to watch her descend. Would have been nice. Maybe next time although I am a bit superstitious about video - don't want to jinx things once the camera starts rolling....Her form is very good - boards on high edge angles, quiet upper body, arms bent and out in front of her at all times. She needs to start working on letting the turns develop more which she was talking to me about today. I think now that she knows she has very good control that she can regain when she wants she will feel more confident about letting the turn develop more. She did start to do that some the last few runs. That would also allow her to ski a bit longer since she wouldn't always be turning like she is now.
    Show her some video of herself and she will develop through self analysis. Nothing beats video as a teaching aid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Sounds like you are doing a good job coaching your daughter so she is ready to join you at Shredfest next season.

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by sempai View Post
    I wish you had video.
    yeah - I thought about that when I stopped mid-way down and Sasquatch to watch her descend. Would have been nice. Maybe next time although I am a bit superstitious about video - don't want to jinx things once the camera starts rolling....Her form is very good - boards on high edge angles, quiet upper body, arms bent and out in front of her at all times. She needs to start working on letting the turns develop more which she was talking to me about today. I think now that she knows she has very good control that she can regain when she wants she will feel more confident about letting the turn develop more. She did start to do that some the last few runs. That would also allow her to ski a bit longer since she wouldn't always be turning like she is now.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    I wish you had video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X