X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN
    replied
    Originally posted by sempai View Post
    Are those the Technine bindings with your Blunts? How does everything feel?

My Blunts are supposed to be delivered on Friday. Ooh I can't wait!
    They feel great. My boots are very comfy. They are not as stiff as some others on here have , so I guess I'll only know on the hill. They do feel very light. As loose as i kept my ski boots before though, I think they will do fine.

Chad

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by CAN View Post
    Speaking of moods. Mine is all good right now...

And our Utah house has some white showing!
    A little over two weeks and our season begins
    Are those the Technine bindings with your Blunts? How does everything feel?

My Blunts are supposed to be delivered on Friday. Ooh I can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• CAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Zach View Post
    Jealous... Of both the blunts and the house in Utah!

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
    My wife and I were talking how we were jealous of the 45 day goal. We ran our schedules and if we are extremely lucky with weather we may get 30 days in.

And Blue. I've had a few hazardous days at work working with the middle schoolers, but those are the new pants I'm rocking this year.

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by CAN View Post

And you are even wearing your riding pants for the photos - well, unless it is a biohazard suit for some reason...

Leave a comment:

• Zach
    replied
    Jealous... Of both the blunts and the house in Utah!

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!

Leave a comment:

• CAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mhealey
    replied
    lol I've experienced this at Wachusett as well. One day the snow gun blew out a big pile so i tried to hit it as a jump. Before i even reached the mound my boards got stuck and i flew head first into the pile. It was pretty funny actually

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    BTW, in all my decades of skiing I have NEVER encountered this kind of sticky snow in the wild. It's an Xscape special.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Hah - we call that the Bear Creek Special! My home resort loves to groom the slopes and leave the snow guns on to blow super sticky cones of velcro snow in front of each gun for the length of the run. Great fun to come ripping down, cut into the velcro, and, wham!, the brakes go on. Strong legs and fast reflexes required. It is so bad at times that even on 120s it can be challenging.

Leave a comment:

• ysb33r
    replied
    BTW, in all my decades of skiing I have NEVER encountered this kind of sticky snow in the wild. It's an Xscape special.
    Mt Hood in the spring rain has come pretty close to that sticky stuff.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Out on the Blunts again this morning. Xscape was pretty much empty and freshly snowed but there were some patches at the bottom where the snow was very sticky. There was no gradual transition, just bam, straight into it. This kind of stuff slows wide skiboards dramatically so I had to watch it some. No real problem. Higher up the snow was pretty good. In this stuff the edge grip of these little boards is crazy. You end up doing stupid things just because you can. Can't wait to get these little guys out onto the mountain, heading straight for the difficult stuff with these.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    That makes for a sweet looking setup. I hope the combo rides as well as it looks. I can't wait to hear the review.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    My production Blunts arrived today , Greco included a set of the new SBOL risers designed by Bill here on the forum , so I could ride them with my modified Technine LMP Winged Snowboard binding in the same configuration being sold here at SBOL.
    The Blunts are beautiful , very short and super fat , the new SBOL soft boot set up is super cool , and light weight , the match is perfect . Bill the risers are amazing , super light weight at 10 oz each , they support the base binding full length and yet narrow enough to work with any 4x4 ski board. I am looking forward to getting on the snow with this set up soon. Boreal Ski Resort is making snow like crazy and should open within days .

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    Originally posted by sempai View Post
    And the winner is...SILVER!
    In a box leaving here tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by slow View Post
    Go red IMO.
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I like the silver. I think it offsets the black and white boards nicely.
    Originally posted by Gromit View Post

Another vote for the silver Receptor bindings here.
    LOL, go red
    And the winner is...SILVER!

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    LOL, go red

Leave a comment:

Working...
X