Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wookie
    replied
    To you guys that tried the Blunts -- Are any of you over 6' tall and/or plus 200 lbs?

All the reviews sound amazing but I am wondering how they ride for a "Big Tall Guy". I am intrigued by the boards but cautious since I have always felt more comfortable on my 120s and 125LEs than my shorter boards. I think this is mostly height related as I have a higher center of gravity that gets much further "outside" the boards while turning and requires more edge to hold the turn.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Oh no you don't Jjue, you get out there on Blunts with receptor bindings and hardshell boots and find out what they can REALLY do LOL

Go Nexus

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    Review

The Blunts are little boards that act like big boards . For a Condor fanatic like me ... they feel very similar to Condors but easier to turn and more playful... certainly better carving on firm snow then the Rockered Condors and similar to regular Condors but without the extra length. Zero camber and Rockered tips make them super easy to turn and fun , smoother turning then Regular Condors or KTP's . Ease of turning similar to Rockered Condors but with better firm snow edging. They don't really feel like tiny boards ... they feel like super competent serious all mountain skiboards but with the added playfulness and fun of a shortie .. The Yin Yang motif really expresses the contradictions of this board . I love them !

The new SBOL modified Technine soft boot bindings are a superb match for these boards .. , all the control I could want , yet super comfortable and a more intimate feel for what is happening underfoot then hard boots.... No hardboots for me on the Blunts ... for me they are super fun comfy boards , that for the way I ride just cry out for the SBOL modified Technine soft boot binding set up . The new SBOL set up has a more flexible and easy going feel then the more rigid Rocker binding . Flexible in a good sense and not sloppy at all . I think I would definitely prefer the Technine set up on this board then my Rocker bindings .

More Video

Leave a comment:

• CAN
    replied
    Cool Jack. Can't wait to hear more!

Leave a comment:

• Gromit
    replied
    They look great Jack.

Looking forward to reading your review of the Blunts and also the bindings.

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by jjue View Post

OMG! Fantastic ... Blunts with sbol modified soft boot binding set up , more video and review to come . just a taste.
    I am here at the ski area

here is the direct link to the video clip
    http://youtu.be/VyTbXoVZ5mE
    Cool video. Really got to see how the boards worked. Looked like they were carving trenches at the apex of the turn and then a very easy transition across the turn on direction change. So jealous you are riding at the resorts already!

Leave a comment:

• Zach
    replied
    So jealous... Have not been this excited for my boards to arrive since I got my first pair!

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    You are having too much fun with those Blunts Jack! I look forward to your report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied

OMG! Fantastic ... Blunts with sbol modified soft boot binding set up , more video and review to come . just a taste.
    I am here at the ski area

here is the direct link to the video clip
    http://youtu.be/VyTbXoVZ5mE

Leave a comment:

• krillinakw
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    Cool. Mine currently being held to ransom by British customs.
    Mine arrived yesterday, and I have been freaking out since, I can't wait for some schneigh...

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I'm in, just ordered a pair.

The Blunts I mean, I already have the lime pants and the black SBOL hoodie.
    Cool. Mine currently being held to ransom by British customs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    I'm in, just ordered a pair.

The Blunts I mean, I already have the lime pants and the black SBOL hoodie.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by slow View Post

We need to have a yellow pants day at Shredfest VI with black SBOL hoodies and Blunts!
    I can do lime pants and the hoodie. Let's also do a Blunts day. It would be funny to see everyone riding them. We'd probably get all kinds of attention.

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied

We need to have a yellow pants day at Shredfest VI with black SBOL hoodies and Blunts!

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by CAN View Post

And Blue. I've had a few hazardous days at work working with the middle schoolers, but those are the new pants I'm rocking this year.
    Snap on the pants, my new ones are Lime too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X