Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never skiboarded, but just bought some gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never skiboarded, but just bought some gear.

Hey guys,

Was browsing the interwebs on what I needed to know about skiboarding and I ended up here so I thought I'd share the Twoowt skiboards and bindings I just got.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twoowt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	248316

It took a little work to get them. I had to have a friend in Russia buy them and ship them over to me. It was worth the wait though. The design is amazing. It is the TwoowT 100 SWOON, and the bindings are also TwoowT.

I think all I need now is a bag to carry everything and I'll be ready for my trip to A-Basin in a couple weeks.

Wish me luck on my first time on skiboards!
    Last edited by Malirkeit; 04-05-2013, 03:22 PM. Reason: Showing image without needing to click.

Originally posted by Malirkeit View Post
    Hey guys,

Was browsing the interwebs on what I needed to know about skiboarding and I ended up here so I thought I'd share the Twoowt skiboards and bindings I just got.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3101[/ATTACH]

It took a little work to get them. I had to have a friend in Russia buy them and ship them over to me. It was worth the wait though. The design is amazing. It is the TwoowT 100 SWOON, and the bindings are also TwoowT.

I think all I need now is a bag to carry everything and I'll be ready for my trip to A-Basin in a couple weeks.

Wish me luck on my first time on skiboards!
    Very cool. I like those! Can you get me a pair?
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Those look awesome! I would love to be able to easily grab TwooT boards in the US, some of their graphics are incredible
      2013 Revolt Trees 105's
      2013 Receptor Red Bindings
      2011 Dalbello Blender Boots

"Sufficient to have stood. Though free to fall." - Milton - Paradise Lost
      "I'd rather ride a broken Revel8 than skiblades." - Talon

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure why they don't have dealers outside of Russia. I feel like the US would buy their boards like crazy. I wanted the 103 AXE PRO boards, but shipping restrictions limit the length of the box to 105cm, so I was just able to get the SWOON.

Here is another pic of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twoowt2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	244832

Last edited by Malirkeit; 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM. Reason: Adding image view so you don't have to click

Comment

Originally posted by kkelley1987 View Post
          Those look awesome! I would love to be able to easily grab TwooT boards in the US, some of their graphics are incredible
          I'd order the Swoon, the Crenation, and the Joker right freakin' now if I could. They have very interesting dimensions also, shorter and wider than the R8s in comparison.

Post numero 2,000. Yeah boyee!
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            I'd order the Swoon, the Crenation, and the Joker right freakin' now if I could. They have very interesting dimensions also, shorter and wider than the R8s in comparison.
            Yeah, getting the Swoon and Crenation wouldn't be hard since they are 100s, but anything bigger than that would be hard because of shipping restrictions.

The cost was a bit more too, but to me it was worth it for the Twoowt designs. Basically I paid for the boards and bindings + shipping to my friend in Russia. Then I paid the shipping to the US and then gave my friend an extra $100 for doing it for me.

Total was $760 rather than the $500 it would have cost if they sold in the US.

Comment

Cool boards, anyone else think those bindings look identical to receptors?

Comment

I asked Greco back in December 2011 about TwoowT and here was his reply:

"This brand is being put out by Sergey Agapov, the Russian Revel8 dealer, and yes the bindings are from the same manufacturer who makes the Revel8 designed Receptor."

Comment

Originally posted by SBruce View Post
                  I asked Greco back in December 2011 about TwoowT and here was his reply:

"This brand is being put out by Sergey Agapov, the Russian Revel8 dealer, and yes the bindings are from the same manufacturer who makes the Revel8 designed Receptor."
                  Do you, or maybe Greco, know why they aren't selling in the US? Seems like something that would sell out very quick. Do they just need a US dealer to sign on? SBOL would be perfect. I think their site skiboardershop.ru only sells Rvl8 and TwoowT. Maybe they are still too young a company to have dealers outside of Russia. But they've been around a couple seasons now from what I've read.

Comment

I don't have any inside information or anything, but my instinctive guess would be that they would be very expensive if imported, so they would have a very high inventory risk associated with them. Rvl8 boards on skiboardershop.ru cost about 35% more than they do here, whereas Twoowt boards there cost about the same as Rvl8 boards do stateside. I'd assume that this is due to import/export customs and taxes. Unless you can get around that, I think it would be difficult to find a submarket within the already small skiboard market willing to pay 35% more for very similar boards.

Comment

Yeah I guess you're right. If you don't count the bindings. I paid about 61-62% more than what the boards normally cost to Russians. Mind you that counts me tossing an extra 100 to my friend for his troubles.

But regardless, I guess that would be a reason not to export to the US.

Comment

According to dutycalculator.com importing into Russia will be 15% duty + 18% VAT.
                        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                          According to dutycalculator.com importing into Russia will be 15% duty + 18% VAT.
                          I just ran a calculation for Importing the Twoowt Boards into the US and it says it is duty free.

Comment

They remind me of a woody wood pecker cartoon...I dont know why.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Originally posted by Malirkeit View Post
                              I feel like the US would buy their boards like crazy.
                              I would agree if it weren't for one thing. Most of the buyers on this forum like very conservative looking graphics and the TwoowT boards have very animated graphics since their riders are typically younger and want energy. I'm sure Rick Modlin would love to grab up some of their boards since they are loud.
                              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X