Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newfound love for the Sherpas

Hi All,
    After riding the Sherpas yesterday afternoon and almost all of today in huge powder, I feel I must declare publicly my love for the Sherpas. I had another set five years ago but sold them as we only skied in Southern California and I didn't need the big guns. Here in Utah, we had two foot of untracked powder runs all over the resort from last nights snowfall. The
    Sherpas kept my big body up and floating even when it was so deep I couldn't see them. Later they attacked the chopped up powder with equal competence and I never felt like I would go over the tips with the huge depth changes I occurred. I even once hit waist deep stuff and although I slowed to a stop I was able to turtle and pull the tips up and get my self going again. Now I know how the county snowplow people feel as I felt invincible and that I could go through anything. And surprisingly enough they felt great on the packed groomers heading back to the car. What a great Morning/early afternoon!I did finish the day on my RC's to end the day as I could now pick and choose where to get my powder fix jumping in and put of it at the sides of the runs and they did well, but when the resort gets a dump in the future I won't even question my board choice. I'll get the Sherpas mounted for a ride.
    Sorry no film having way too much fun.
    Chad
    64 CM Bigfoot’s
    100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
    110 CM Rockered Condors
    130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Are you using the new 2013 Sherpas?
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I love this board in the powder. I have 2 pairs because I don't plan to be without if I end up trashing one. Marianne also rode it during last year's shredfest. She did fine on them and loved the ride in deep powder. I am glad you discovered their potential.
      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        Are you using the new 2013 Sherpas?
        No they are from a few years ago. We got them from Jack. We are looking into the 2013's now though so we could both ride some in case if deep powder. Cindy also likes the Sherpas but she gets more than enough float on the 125's.
        64 CM Bigfoot’s
        100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
        110 CM Rockered Condors
        130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

I ride the sherpas set back 3cm with my drilled riser. I can ride relaxed and upright in really deep or heavy powder like this.
          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Sherpa rocker

According to the Sherpa page in the SBOL store and on the 2013 skiboard comparison chart it shows the Sherpa having rocker on the tips and tails...."05/11 Tip and Tail Rocker (5mm / 11cm)." Is that new for the 2013 model or has it had rocker before? If the rocker is new as well as the optional setback that board would truly be a powder powerhouse even more than it already is!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spruce chart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	244705

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Thyme View Post
              According to the Sherpa page in the SBOL store and on the 2013 skiboard comparison chart it shows the Sherpa having rocker on the tips and tails...."05/11 Tip and Tail Rocker (5mm / 11cm)." Is that new for the 2013 model or has it had rocker before? If the rocker is new as well as the optional setback that board would truly be a powder powerhouse even more than it already is!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2784[/ATTACH]
              No. Not new. If you clamp the older boards together, the tips will rise revealing the rocker.

Comment

Working...
              X