133-144cm Line Afterbang Skis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 133-144cm Line Afterbang Skis

Sorry for the "blasphemy" but I was curious if anyone has tried these 133-144cm Line Afterbang skis out?

www.shop-task.com in Canada is selling them on clearance for $175 a pair and they look pretty decent..

2 younger guys that frequent Bear Creek - my home mountain - ski those. I rode the lift with them a few times this season and was talking with them about the skis because they were of such a unique construction. They really liked them. They did the park a lot but also covered the entire mountain. In fact the one day I saw one of them doing sled training with the ski patrollers in the early part of the morning. Was kind of wild to see him in front on the sled (it was empty) side slipping down an icy pitch on those skis. For that kind of price you almost can't go wrong - pick them up and if you like them great. If not, pop them on craigslist, ebay, etc and unload them.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

I am intrigued by the laminate wood construction...if only I had a job to afford even that for a pair of skis.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

The guys I was talking to who ski them said they are very good in the park especially when in contact with features - said they lock on and feel like a skateboard deck. Interestingly enough I don't think they have any metal edges - not sure how they would ski in any kind of hardpark or worse condition.
        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

The title should actually read Afterbang SHORTY skis for the 133-144cm version and apparently they are KIDS skis.. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by SBruce View Post
            The title should actually read Afterbang SHORTY skis for the 133-144cm version and apparently they are KIDS skis.. ;-)
            Every once in a while you run across skis marketed as "kid's twintip powder skis" with intreresting dimensions that would make them essentially "adult longboard skiboards" if fitted with proper inserts. I've been tempted a time or two. Fortunately, they almost always have cartoonish juvenile graphics which are tasteless enough to help me resist.

Comment

They also tend to have a flex designed for a kid, which tends to be way too soft.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.
              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
              '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                The guys I was talking to who ski them said they are very good in the park especially when in contact with features - said they lock on and feel like a skateboard deck. Interestingly enough I don't think they have any metal edges - not sure how they would ski in any kind of hardpark or worse condition.
                They do have metal edges and I've seen probably 6 or 7 different people on the long version of these at Wachusett, I'd say give it a shot at the clearance price

Comment

Working...
                X