• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to get?

OK first off howdy all.
    heres my background
    started skiing in high school,
    went to big feet after about two years never went back.
    had to stop sking because of college and am looking to get back in.
    i generally want an all mountain board, something i can scream down the slopes carving on and something that will represent in the parks.
    love moguls and jumps but love carving and backcountry.
    from what i have read i got three options set up

1.pair of canon pro 99cm with bomber bindings.
    2.pair of fischer xxl same binding.
    3.pair of line pro 90cm with 4-hole insert same binding.

here are the questions.

am i going to want the extra 9cm i lose with the lines?
    is it worth the extra cash for fischers?
    and my only problem with the canons is delivery date as i am going to snowshoe on the 12th. (i hear end of this week so i figure if they get here i will have no problems.)
    any input would be great or if anyone has other suggestions i would love to hear them.

canons

i think the XXL is wider that Canons, but i think u should get Canon!!! ***da best***

Comment

I'd say go with the canons, hands down.

Either that, or a used MN Pro from 01 or earlier.

So you know though, skiboards won't generally perform all too well on moguls. They just aren't really made for it.
      - joel r.
      [Source skiboard apparel]

Comment

you like to ride the same way i do so i have to suggest what i ride.. groove brinton gundersen pros and 99cm canon's. i change up every now and again. the brinton's are better for powder.

btw, if you go with the canon's get them from SBOL, we'll have them at least a week before anywhere else.

-G

Comment

Ok cool i was thinking the canons but i did not know if they would be in by this week
          how long would u guys need to add the bindings?

Comment

where going to be filling all the orders the same day or the next day that we receive the boards from Canon.

-G

Comment

are the bomber step in bindings as good as the regulars?

Comment

cant use them without the right boots.
                ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

would salomon verse boots work?

Comment

i think it only works with snowboard hardboots. the verse are ski boots.

Comment

no they won't, the step-ins only work with snowboard hard boots like raichle where the heal piece can be removed and replaced with a special one needed for the step-ins.

-G

Comment

Im lookin to buy the Head Big Easy's with releasable bindings. Does have any opinions on them or know something horrilbe about them that would stop me from buying them? Any help would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by WillyWonka
                          Im lookin to buy the Head Big Easy's with releasable bindings. Does have any opinions on them or know something horrilbe about them that would stop me from buying them? Any help would be awesome.

uh , dont get heads at all. Order some canon or groove boards from sbol.ws.

and non-releasable bindings, although there are some releasables that will work if you're dead set on em.
                          - joel r.
                          [Source skiboard apparel]

Comment

Whats wrong with the Heads?

Comment

i've heard pretty good reviews on them, althought they must be really stiff cuz of the long bindings
                              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X