Releasable snowboard bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasable snowboard bindings

I really like the look of the new softboot bindings - the only thing stopping me from ordering a pair right now is that I'm VERY wary of knee injuries caused by non-release bindings.

One solution, I suppose, would be some releasable snowboard bindings. Turns out, someone is trying to make some:

http://deftsports.com/

(Yes, I know the site is hideous, but that's all there is)

Does anyone know anything about these? They are being slated all over various snowboard forums as a rubbish idea, which for snowboards they might be. I don't know enough about snowboarding to know why you might want releasable snowboard bindings.

Do you think they could be combined with the softboot bindings for skiboarding? The release mechanism looks a lot like a riser, and if they genuinely release (and could be mounted on 4x4 inserts) they could be great.

Worth sending them an email?

Scribbler

There was actually a similar product produced years ago called the Z-interface. It never really caught on and from what I read was a pretty poor design. Not sure if these will be any better, but from the looks I probably wouldn't hold my breath.
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
    X