Hydration for inbounds and out of bounds found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydration for inbounds and out of bounds found

I believe I've settled into how I will be hydrating this season. For inbounds I have been using a Camelbak Source Kangaroo bladder. It's 27 oz., fits in my thigh pack and I run an insulated tube straight up my jacket and clip the tube to the inside flap. Works like a charm and 27 oz. is enough to get through 1/2 a day before needing to top off for the balance of the day. Very pleased. For out of bounds I will be wearing the 70 oz. runners bladder that holds the water in 3 separate pouches around your waist. As it turns out, this works great with a pack. You sort of feel like you have a lot strapped around your waist but by wearing the water around your waist the weight just disappears. There is no interference at all with my Osprey Kode 38. I haven't tried it yet with my Avalanche pack pack because it hasn't arrived just yet. The only thing I found with the waist bladders is you sometimes need to give a good hip shake to transfer water into the main pouch that sits in the small of your back. Apparently, the kidney bladders don't drain completely. It sounds bad but it's not a big deal at all. Again, I'm very pleased and I'm guessing the 2nd generation of these bladders will drain better. Getting the water weight off my back matters. Plus, I can stuff even more crap in my backpack if desired.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL
Working...
X