Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant figure out how to change code on leash locks

Just bought these: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...roduct_Count=4

They came in as 540 brand leash locks, cant figure out for the life of me how to change the code for them.

540 says to "pull the cable out all the way and then push the metal pin in" problem is, these arent the retractable cable type locks....anyone figure this out?

Not sure but did you try changing the combo while the open button is pushed in?

Comment

Originally posted by rgzip View Post
      yeah, no joy

Comment

That's how it's < meant > to work - push the clasp button in as far as it will go, and then change the numbers on the dials to the combination you want. You have to have it as the very limit of it's movement, though (at least on mine)- if you haven't pushed it in ALL the way, it won't work.

If you still get no joy, it could well be broken - I've had two, only one of which is still working, and the remaining one is getting a bit sticky. I like the idea of these leashes, but I think they have quite error-prone mechanisms.

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbler View Post
          That's how it's to work - push the clasp button in as far as it will go, and then change the numbers on the dials to the combination you want. You have to have it as the very limit of it's movement, though (at least on mine)- if you haven't pushed it in ALL the way, it won't work.

If you still get no joy, it could well be broken - I've had two, only one of which is still working, and the remaining one is getting a bit sticky. I like the idea of these leashes, but I think they have quite error-prone mechanisms.
          still no go, ordered two, one for me and one for my girl and neither seem to want to change. I even tried pushing something into the clip to force it down hard and changed the numbers and still nothing.

Comment

I tried searching Youtube for a video that may help and found this fun totally off topic video.

Comment

That didnt help at all but it totally made my day! haha

Comment

Originally posted by rgzip View Post
                I tried mine last night and that is how it works. I did have to really tork the dials to get them to move but they did changes.

Comment

Ubiquitous emailed me directly and I sent him these instructions from SnowJam. I confirmed they work.

Comment

aha! that did it, i was confusing "clasp" with "button". Didn't realize there was a button there.

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Working...
                    X