Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming back and looking for new board suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back and looking for new board suggestion?

Ok, so here the story. I used to skiboards about 6 years ago, but moved away from the snow and am just now back. I would call myself a beginner/intermediate skiier/skiboarder. I don't do park and while I wouldn't mind I've haven't done powder either. Mostly cruising the groomers with my friends a couple times a year. I live in Denmark (US Navy) now so getting to the mountains is a trek and will be done at most a few times a year. Last year I skied (160s) and had a good time but it just made me remember how much more effortless and fun it was on skiboards. Got a ski trip planned to Switzerland with a bunch of guys and our sons in about 3 weeks and while I may just ski, ski boarding sounds like so much more fun!

When I skiboarded I had a pair of Line Flys and a pair of Line MNPs, unfortunately when moving over here, these both got put into storage (stupid movers grabbing the wrong stuff).

I am short and stocky, 5'3 and about 160lbs. I am considering the Revel8 BWP and KTP as well as maybe the Spruce 120 with the releasables. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
    Last edited by chacend; 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM. Reason: thanks

Since you are in Denmark, you might want to read this link
    it is UK-based, but pretty much will apply to Denmark too. I understand there is now a Revel8 dealer in Sweden too:
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Thanks that's helpfull. Luckily for me I have a US Address to ship to that comes right to me.

Comment

Ktp

i love Ktp's, I keep in back position, they are fun! I had line five o's before I picked up my ktps, I love them.

Comment

Two boards stand out as exceptional all rounders, especially for shorter riders, the 105, and the 110 DLP. Both have great performance envelopes, enough support in the tail to help you if you get off balance, and great edge grip on firm European snow. Both can be ridden with a fixed binding if you dare, and both are compact for traveling.
          My personal favourite is the DLP, but I am a little taller. Over time I have owned various iterations of both boards, and also the Lines that you mention. You just cant go wrong with a 105 or 110 R8 board.
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
            Two boards stand out as exceptional all rounders, especially for shorter riders, the 105, and the 110 DLP. Both have great performance envelopes, enough support in the tail to help you if you get off balance, and great edge grip on firm European snow. Both can be ridden with a fixed binding if you dare, and both are compact for traveling.
            My personal favourite is the DLP, but I am a little taller. Over time I have owned various iterations of both boards, and also the Lines that you mention. You just cant go wrong with a 105 or 110 R8 board.
            So would you say the 120s are too long for me? I wouldn't mind a comfortable fast cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by chacend View Post
              So would you say the 120s are too long for me? I wouldn't mind a comfortable fast cruiser.
              Absolutely not. The 120 is my all time favourite board. Very special. But you mentioned traveling, and the other two boards are more compact for that.
              Go Android

Comment

Absolutely not. The 120 is my all time favourite board. Very special. But you mentioned traveling, and the other two boards are more compact for that.
                How about those rockered Condors you're selling, decent cruisers or too much work?

Comment

How about those rocketed Condors you're selling, decent cruisers or too much work?
                  Decent cruisers, but sold. SBOL sold out too.
                  Go Android

Comment

Welcome, Back, Chacend!

6 years? You must have left just about the time my husband was discovering SBOL!

I wonder if the softer 2007 ALP would be a nice "best of both worlds" board for you? You'd get the 110 fun with the flexy, easier ride of the 120.

Either way, have fun!

Cindy
                    '07 "soft" ALPs
                    Eyeball DLPs
                    125 LEs
                    Ospreys mounted bindings
                    Crossbows
                    Spruce riser release bindings
                    Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Oops...didn't see the '07 ALPs in the storefront. They must be sold out--so much for my solution.
                      '07 "soft" ALPs
                      Eyeball DLPs
                      125 LEs
                      Ospreys mounted bindings
                      Crossbows
                      Spruce riser release bindings
                      Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Well, I just placed an order for the Spruce 120s, you just can't beat the current deal. Went with these for the ease of use and the speed, gotta keep up with the guys on skis. That and I remember a few long flats last year and I think the bigger boards will help me there without having to break out some poles. I'll post a review, after our upcoming trip.

Comment

Well, the Spruce 120s came in today and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their input. Couldn't beat the holiday deal on these, its almost like buying the bindings and getting the boards free! My Head I-Type 10 boots should be here shortly and its off to Switzerland next week! Can't wait!

Comment

Well, the Spruce 120s came in today and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their input. Couldn't beat the holiday deal on these, its almost like buying the bindings and getting the boards free! My Head I-Type 10 boots should be here shortly and its off to Switzerland next week! Can't wait!
                            Where in Switzerland?
                            Go Android

Comment

Where in Switzerland?
                              Lenk

Comment

Working...
                              X