LINE Mike Nick Pro Review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINE Mike Nick Pro Review?

I have been skiboarding for a little bit over a year and will focus on terrain parks this year. I'm not sure if I want to spend ~$300 on the Neal Lyons, so I was looking at cheaper alternatives, such as used Mike Nick Pro boards. Has anybody had previous experience with these boards? Or can you recommend other alternatives?
    Last edited by idano; 11-29-2003, 10:58 PM.

Cheaper alternative 1:
    90cm snojams, which have gotten good reviews. Everybody seems to think they're agood board with good bindings for less, plain and simple.

MNP98s used to be the best of skiboards, so yes they're quality. I've never owned a pair but I've rented to see what the hype was about, and I found them to be awesome for stomping jumps, but slightly less ideal for all mountain use...If you're focussing on park they could be what you're looking for. Make absolutely certain that if you're buying them off ebay, you don't get new Line Pros, beccause they're shit, and I know Skiboards.com sells them ont there. But yes MNPs sound like a plan, they are good...they could never measure up to the BGP in my opinion though.
    ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

There's no denying that the MN Pros from around '01 or earlier were nice.. Line certainly knew what they were doing, mine (Jesus, I dont even remember what year they are, 00 maybe? They're the sunset tree ones) are great and have lasted.

Still, I'm trying to get together the money for the neal lyons pro model.. because Canon is still supporting skiboarding, and I don't want to go around as an advertisement for a company that doesn't give two shits about our sport anymore.. Till then, I'll just put stickers that say CS over the line logos.
      - joel r.
      [Source skiboard apparel]

Comment

JD how bout
        how many snowboarders does it take to screw in a light bulb.
        10 1 to do it and 9 who say they could do it better
        i heard that joke about guitar players
        skiboard4life

Comment

Yeah, I have the same MN's as joel and I love them. I have only used them, Groove Invertigo's (90 cm), and old school snowblades. The MN's outperformed them in every category. But I have never used canons, so I don't know if they're worth the extra money. Personally, I would support canon (like Joel said), but I know what it's like to be poor as s**t, so if you can't afford them, go with the MN's and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Heh... I saw a skilled snowboarder today, he entertained me while I was on the lift. This is strange because they have a lot of beginner snowboarders where I was at, and I hardly ever see a good one. First time he landed a backflip, then the next time i was going up there he was again, this this time doing a misty 3 off the same jump. Plus snowboarders were making more jumps than they were screwing up. So they're in my good books right now.
            ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

Working...
            X