Pack with AvaLung. Keep powder hounds safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pack with AvaLung. Keep powder hounds safe

Just came across this, seems like a great price, great reviews, and they do extra discounts regularly.

Anyone have any opinions?

Black Diamond Equipment Covert AvaLung Backpack - 22L, Internal Frame

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...nal-Frame.html
    www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
    DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
    Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
    GGO soft boot bindings
    Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

nice small pack with integrated avalung .. and i agree good price ...
    i like a bigger pack myself even for day backcountry skiboarding , also i like side and cross straps for carrying skiboards or snowshoes.. ( i use an osprey stratos 40 )

i do not use an avalung myself but it is a great device and gives you a little more time if buried .. remember however an avalung is really no good unless you are riding in the backcountry with partners and all of you are equipped with shovels , beacons , and probes to dig you out and know how to use them ...
    in my group of backcountry partners we all have beacons , shovels and probes and one guy is also equipped with an avalung
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Yeah, I snagged one of those packs last year and have been happy. As jjue said, it may not be the best for actually touring, but it would be ideal for side/slackcountry trips. I got a killer deal on it on steepandcheap when I was starting to build my BC gear. I have everything but my beacon now. Even though I don't have a beacon, I would rather have the avalung on a powder day than nothing. Take every advantage you can, just don't rely on anything other than your own knowledge.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

I own the Avalung II. I purchased it this year after an unfortunate mishap (I was 100% uninjured) and am happy I have it. I think the bags with the Avalung built in are good ideas. One less layer to deal with and all that. If Sierra has a pack you like at a price you are willing to pay and it has an Avalung I say grab it. There is nothing more claustrophobia inducing or insane thought provoking than being buried under the snow and fighting for each breath. If you can bring in air with only reasonable labor I believe your thought processes will remain clearer and you can either better figure a way out of your predicament or wait it out longer until help arrives without turning into a basket case.
        "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Unfortunately I am not putting together a backountry setup. I would love to in the future, but I was actually looking for a daypack for hiking and came across that one. I didnt even know they came built into packs. Thanks for the info everyone. Its nice to see that there are some good options available for decent prices.

Oh for anyone checking out that site if you sign up for the email flyers they give larger discounts. It was 50% off list.
          www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
          DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
          Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
          GGO soft boot bindings
          Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Working...
          X