Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yikes ! I spray painted my Full Tilts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes ! I spray painted my Full Tilts ..

I don't know what got in to me ... maybe it was the beers... last night I suddenly felt compelled to go to the local Home Depot and buy some Black direct plastic spray paint and turn my beautiful baby blue and yellow Full tilt booters into a poorly done botched job black and yellow affair ! oh my , what have I done !!! I am embarassed , no pictures ...
    Is there a rehab facility I can enroll in !!!
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

wow really? that was pretty dumb man

i actually like my baby blue booters, my pants cover almost all the yellow and i think the baby blue looks sick since its different.\

i def wanna see pics....then u should do everything u possibly can to clean them up

Comment

what????!!!!!! you are too funny!!!! you MUST post a picture!!!!! LOL!
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

You're doing it wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
          You're doing it wrong.....
          I know ! RIT dye, soak boots in hot water in a big pot is the correct way ... ( Mark's way )
          must have been the beers... like I say !
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Hopefully you didnt drive to the home depot after the beers! We want pics for failblog.org please

Comment

What made you choose black?

Comment

Jack,

Did the paint not bond well to the plastic?

Comment

Beetlebud , lucky there were no sobriety checks along the way .. but the clerk did accuse me of trying to leave the self check line at home depot without paying for the 2nd can of paint !!

Sometimes this forum is really persuasive ... I was trying to figure out what was said that stuck in the corner of my mind and drove me like a lemming to the disaster that ensued ...

i have finally remembered... it is something some one said !

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  There are a lot of new rattle can paints on the market, easy to get at Lowe's, etc., that supposedly bond to plastics. I've tried them on a few little projects and they seem to work okay, but a ski boot would be a real torture test. My buddies here locally, who are not exactly cosmopolitan types, would definitely have some non-PC commentary if they saw me wearing those loud-color boots...;-)
                  elk cloner . I was going after this .. unfortunately the end result is NOTHING like this
                  Boards :
                  Boots
                  Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Jack,

Did the paint not bond well to the plastic?
                    LOL! Bill the rattle can paint worked fine , it was the beer addled sprayer , who was no good ! but no matter ... I think my boots are ok , now , if I come visit you ... I will just say they are a bit dirty !

yeah , I know .. I GOT to post pictures now ! tonight is the unveiling ! failblog.org here I come
                    Boards :
                    Boots
                    Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                      LOL! Bill the rattle can paint worked fine , it was the beer addled sprayer , who was no good ! but no matter ... I think my boots are ok , now , if I come visit you ... I will just say they are a bit dirty !

yeah , I know .. I GOT to post pictures now ! tonight is the unveiling ! failblog.org here I come
                      Ha! Maybe Wendell had the right idea with the boot covers. I deny total blame since I did offer a disclaimer ("supposedly bond to plastics") in that post. The part about my buddies being unsophisticated is true.

I like to tinker but painting has never been my thing. When we were kids, our hockey coach didn't like it that the kids on the team had different color helmets, so he made us all spray paint them red to match our uniforms. My Dad tried to warn him that cheap spray paint, especially what was available at the time, would chip right off the plastic helmets and look like hell. My helmet was white, and not wanting to alienate the coach I felt compelled to paint. I ruined a perfectly good lightweight CCM helmet that I wish I still had today (the new ones are heavy and bulky).

Comment

I fully support your not wanting to wear such colors any longer. It was clearly something that's been eating away at you and your true emotions finally came out with the added help of beer. I guess I'm old school in my color choices cause they are hideous if you ask me.
                        08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

... waiting on pics ...
                          Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
                          Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
                          Full Tilt Boots
                          Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Jack,
                            This has to be a joke on us 2 weeks early!

If not, wow and we are going to have to deplete some of those reputation power points you have.
                            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

HAHA!!! Jack, at shredFest you told me it was hard alcohol that made you do the crazy stuff! but alas i'm still jealous! I cant even find booters to paint! they seem to be out of stock everywhere!!!
                              '11 DLP
                              '10 Condor / Black Zero Pro
                              '10 KTP
                              Journey boards and bindings
                              '09 Tansho / FF-CAMS (GF's)
                              Line Five-O (GF's)
                              Groove AF1 / Groove cheapy's
                              and not to forget my beloved first boards... Crazy Blades!!!!
                              A big ass PA system, so lets throw a f*cking party!
                              www.f1rstclasscitizen.com

Full Tilt - First Chair

Comment

Working...
                              X