Spruce riser ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spruce riser ?

Can the spruce riser be unamounted and the remounted with a different binding? Are there more than one set of holes drilled into the riser to accomodate bigger or smaller settings ? Looking to buy a used setup and wanted to update the riser with this years model binding.

Thanks

Yes.
    Revel8 Revolt "city" (lite riser release bindings)
    Revel8 Rumspringa "Mary Jane"
    "No guts No glory" my skiboarding motto
    Real Age: 20
    "I value my life more than a helmet" - nolhay

Comment

Don't know if you're interested, but I'm selling a set of custom risers new. The link is a few threads down...

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac.Jarvis View Post
        Yes.
        No.
        You can't just slap any set of bindings onto the risers. They're specifically drilled for the particular binding. Unless you got exactly the same model but newer you could likely transfer them. But even that's a bit risky.
        Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

I know a few people have matched the holes and updated the bindings. As long as you make sure the bindings have the same mounting pattern you are fine. Just do careful reasearch, or possibly take your risers into a store to make sure everything lines up.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

Can we make a list of all the binding that will fit the risers?

I know:

salomon 610
            Head sl100
            Rossignol Axium 110
            Some Roxy models....

What else will fit the hole pattern?

I imaging several other models from each abouve company will work as well
            Groove "taxi" 88cm
            Canon "M7" 99cm
            Spruce "120" 120cm
            Hagan "Off Limits" 133cm
            Icelantic "Scout" 143cm
            Icelantic "Shaman" 161cm
            Armada "JP v Julien" 175cm

And over the years, so many others...

All current boards integrated and ridden with BLACK MONDAY Binding System.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post

I know:

salomon 610
              Head sl100
              Rossignol Axium 110
              Some Roxy models....
              Salomon 10Ti

Wendell
              Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
              Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
              Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
              History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

I know:

salomon 610
                Head sl100
                Rossignol Axium 110
                Some Roxy models....

What else will fit the hole pattern?

I imaging several other models from each abouve company will work as well
                Not that simple. Different risers have been drilled for different brand bindings, therefore different hole patterns.

I agree with Nate and Skafreak, it can be done, I have done it on 7 pairs of risers, but do your research.
                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Tyrolia SL75
                  '07 Revel8 BWPs / Orange Line FF Pros
                  '07 Revel8 Tanshos (GF's)
                  '07 Spruce 120cm / Ally Risers / Tyrolia SL 75s
                  Boots: Dalbello Krypton Rampages

Comment

CAUTION:

Please note that risers drilled for Salomon will not accept other brands of bindings and vice versa, without drilling and tapping new binding mount holes. Being able to drill and tap additional holes assumes the original holes will not be in the wrong location and you take the care to work out the details to position the new holes properly. This all takes time and layout skill. It is not a matter of just slapping new bindings on and using the existing mounting holes.

The reason is there are multiple versions of risers to accommodate the different versions of bindings, not just one riser that accepts all the binding brands. What makes the risers different is the hole pattern drilled and tapped by Spruce to accommodate the different brands of bindings.

But if you stay with the same brand of binding, there is a chance the majority of existing mount holes in the riser will work. For example, the heel piece on Salomon bindings generally use the same mounting hole pattern. But not all the holes on the Salomon toe piece will match and may require extra holes to be drilled and tapped. For this reason, it is probably easier to mount new bindings that are the same brand as your old bindings on a riser, than changing brands.

So do your research first.
                    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I know:

salomon 610
                      Head sl100
                      Rossignol Axium 110
                      Some Roxy models....
                      Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                      Salomon 10Ti

Wendell
                      Salomon Z12Ti's too...

FWIW, a quick email to Jeff at Spruce will get you the most definitive answer to the question...
                      Spruce 120's (Solid Blue)
                      Spruce Pro Prime Risers
                      Salomon Z12 Ti Bindings
                      Rossignol Soft Lite 3's

Comment

I have a spare set of Spruce Pro Jrs which is not being used. I could repurpose it for my own use, but I have two questions:

[1] It was originally set up for a sole length of 282mm. Can the heel or head piece be moved to accommodate a 318mm sole without drilling holes?

[2] I normally ride DIN 6.5 - 7. The Jrs have a max rating of 7.5. Is it wise to turn up the rating close to max?
                        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Working...
                        X