Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter 2020 in the Canadian Rockies! (& Kootenays)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter 2020 in the Canadian Rockies! (& Kootenays)

I'm back at Kicking Horse this season, and a trip to Whitewater and/or Red Mountain is probably in the cards at some point.

Let me know if you're in the neighbourhood, and I'll show you where the gnarlies are!

BOARDSLAYER
    Base / Edge Destruction X X X
    Cores Snapped X X X

I'm going to be skiing Banff Sunshine, Revelstoke and Lake Louise from January 25th to Feb 4th on a holiday.

Comment

I'm at Sunshine Village Sunday Dec 8th, only for the day.

Let me know.

Kurt

Comment

Kurt, I'll still be in Nelson on the 8th (away for school until the 14th), so I can't make that one.

SBruce, why not spend a day at the Horse on the way to Revelstoke? I know enough staff that I can possibly connect you with friends & family discount (I can get a 25% discount for people with my pass, but staff F&F tickets are usually about $40, and maybe buy 'em a beer as a thank you). I work Monday-Friday, so it'd have to be a weekend.
        BOARDSLAYER
        Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Steeps I skied Kicking Horse and Silver Star last time I was out that way. We are doing 3 resorts we didn't get to do last time and are staying with friends in Revelstoke so it comes down to having enough time. I'm an old fart who can only handle skiing every second day ;-)

Comment

Heh, no worries. Let me know your schedule closer to your arrival, and I'll see if I can swing a day at another resort. I'm no spring chicken, but I get to use the excuse of being a starving student this year.

Revy's supposed to be a great resort, but I haven't hit it since the new hill opened. The former ski hill before the expansion was so small they'd pay you a nickel to ski it*.

*true story. A dorm bed in Revelstoke used to be $20/night, but the ski and stay deal was $19.95... so it was cheaper if you took the ski pass.
            BOARDSLAYER
            Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Banff Sunshine January 26th, Revelstoke January 28th or 29th (weather dependent), Lake Louise February 2nd

Comment

Ok, cool. Lake Louise would likely be the easiest date for me... I'll see if I can track down a deal on a lift ticket or something.
                BOARDSLAYER
                Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

There's been skiboarders on the Horse lately... I spoke to a gentleman from New York on a pair of KTPs a couple of days ago, and have heard from one of my buddies that someone else has been rocking a pair of 2016 Spliffs. Haven't had a chance to ride with any of them yet.
                  BOARDSLAYER
                  Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Spotted a pair of Spruce 120s on the hill today, didn't see the rider...
                    BOARDSLAYER
                    Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

If anyone happens to be at Kicking Horse this Saturday, Jan 18th, I'll be playing a free show at Whitetooth Grill (the day lodge / cafeteria, in the same building as Guest Services) from 2:30 - 4:30 pm. First set will be a mixed bag, mostly Celtic and some country, the second set will be big gnarly blues, starting around 3:30. If you're paying for a day ticket, just come by after the lifts close.

I'll be out riding until 1:30 or so.
                      BOARDSLAYER
                      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by SBruce View Post
                        Banff Sunshine January 26th, Revelstoke January 28th or 29th (weather dependent), Lake Louise February 2nd
                        How's the trip going? Big storm moving in... good timing!

Don't think I can make it to Louise, but I'll be riding the Horse the next couple of days if plans change.
                        BOARDSLAYER
                        Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post
                          Don't think I can make it to Louise, but I'll be riding the Horse the next couple of days if plans change.
                          Could have been a line in a Louis Lamour western novel
                          Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post

How's the trip going? Big storm moving in... good timing!

Just got back home -- Snow was great at all resorts! We ended up doing Sunshine on the 26th, Revvy on the 28th and 30th, then Louise on the 2nd (Sunny skies!) and Sunshine again on the 3rd!

Click image for larger version

Name:	83781205_10162862690500287_7324410448030203904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=b_QPjtAaFXUAX8I-rTB&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz1-1.fna&oh=3119985f7fa590bb39eeb87d385b0282&oe=5EB73B5D.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	261826

Comment

Nice! Sounds like a good trip.
                              BOARDSLAYER
                              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
                              X