Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breckenridge Ski Resort CO

Date of Visit:300+ days in the last 3 seasons

Review: One of my favorite mountains, great terrain parks, bowls, and trees. The resort is connected to the town by a gondola with easy access to shopping and restaurants. Breckenridge is known for its 4 peaks above tree-line each having its own flavor, with a possible peak expansion in 13/14

(Peak 6: possible expansion in the next year or 2.)
    Peak 7: All blues with rollers. (Less crowded)
    Peak 8: Mixed terrain for all levels. (avoid weekends)
    Peak 9: Greens and Blues.
    Peak10: Gnarly single and double blacks.

Activities: Summit county has many things to offer other than skiing. Dog sledding tours, snowmobile rentals, tubing, and sleigh ride dinners.

Food: Unfortunately the closest In N Out burger is 6.5 hours away In SLC Utah. Some basic places in Breck are Fattys, Erics, Empire, Northside, and Bubba Gumps. On the high end we have Briar Rose, Relish, The Dredge, Modis, and Whales Tail.

Lodging: The cheapest and best location is my place on Peak 8 (Ski in Ski out). If you want fancy check out One Ski Hill Place. One of Vails Rock Resorts $$$. If you want something basic like Holiday Inn check out some places in Frisco and Silverthorne.

Summary: If you come to Breckenridge I would avoid weekends at all costs. The crowds are worse than most resorts. Hit Breck Mon-Thurs and its money. Check out Keystone or Beaver Creek on the weekends. If your brave enouf check out the views from T-bar and Imperial lifts.

bnuf
    Last edited by Greco; 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM.
Working...
X