PA in February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA in February

I know conditions aren't the greatest but it would be fun to ride with some others.

I can do just about any weekday with a few days notice and my weekends are pretty free after Feb 12th.

Who's planning on riding in February if there's still snow?

Be sure to attend Elk Jam the first weekend in February (Friday and Saturday)! https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...633#post158633 Also, I am at Elk pretty much every Friday and Saturday all season long except when on trips. Conditions have been excellent even with the warm up and rain. Cold is returning this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like a blast but I have unbreakable commitments both those nights.

Comment

I will be skiing with my family at Whitetail most likely this Saturday, if the weather forecast holds. Probably will spend some of the time on skiboards and some on long skis.

I might take a day off mid-week to go to Whitetail some time next week too, if the weather warrants it and work at the office permits it.

Comment

I haven't been to Whitetail since before the warm spell these past couple of weeks - is there any good snow left there? At Massanutten they had very little snow (but what they had was skiable well-enough, provided you like icy firm slopes that turn to deep granular and later to slush...

Comment

macrophotog- I ski Montage frequently, but i'll see ya at Elk next weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by jwilbur3 View Post
              macrophotog- I ski Montage frequently, but i'll see ya at Elk next weekend!
              Hey jwilbur3 - You coming to Elk Jams or are you talking about this coming weekend? I leave for Westfest tonight so won't be back at Elk until Elk Jams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                Hey jwilbur3 - You coming to Elk Jams or are you talking about this coming weekend? I leave for Westfest tonight so won't be back at Elk until Elk Jams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Planning on hitting elk 2/3 or 2/4. Haven't been over there this year yet.

Comment

The next week looks good for snow making, so the PA mountains may be decent.

I'm on the fence about Elk Jam. I'd love to come up, but I'm not sure yet if I'll be free that day.
                  RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I'll be at Elk to ride and film on Sat. Looking forward to meeting some of you
                    RVL8
                    \______^=======^______/
                    www.YouTube.com/TalonSei

Comment

I might show-up for Elk Jams. Not 100% sure yet, and if it will be for just Sat. or also Friday.

There is some talk to go to Seven Springs - how do the two mountains compare? Are the groomers there any better than Elk?

Comment

7 springs, in my opinion, is not a great mountain for groomers. It has one of the best terrain parks on the east coast but lacks in vertical and diversity in skill level terrain.
                        facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

I will not be joining for Elk, sorry. I'll be down at Snowshoe in WV instead. It's my dad's birthday, so I'm spending time with the family.
                          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                            I will not be joining for Elk, sorry. I'll be down at Snowshoe in WV instead. It's my dad's birthday, so I'm spending time with the family.
                            What - we are not family too?
                            In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                            Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Working...
                            X