Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont or NH, or Boston area next Sat. and Sun? Nov. 19, 20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, if they had top to bottom open it would heave been great. By the end of the day some braver folks were skiing back down to the gondola base, bit there was not enough cover for "regular" folks who don't want to ruin their edges and bases. I think by next week they might have a run open so that one does not need to do the rather strenuous hike up the stairs to the gondola from the one open lift they had yesterday.

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
    Great to hear. I plan on heading up there in a couple of weeks if Elk doesn't open up by mid-December.

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
      Yeah, if they had top to bottom open it would heave been great.
      I'm also keeping an eye on Okemo (just down the road from Killington and one of my favorite resorts) - they are opening this Wednesday and although they open later than Killington every year, they always open with top to bottom skiing. In a couple of weeks, I'll see who has the most terrain open and go! I'm still hopeful for Elk though. It's snowing again here and they are continuing to make snow while the temps are cold.

Comment

I read good things about Okemo. Was hoping I'd go there instead of Killington, but K. was the only thing open last week. I wish they were closer to me though - not a day trip from down here. So my skiing, unfortunately, will have to wait longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
          I read good things about Okemo. Was hoping I'd go there instead of Killington, but K. was the only thing open last week. I wish they were closer to me though - not a day trip from down here. So my skiing, unfortunately, will have to wait longer.
          Okemo is a nice mountain to ski at. Good snow making and good grooming. A nice place for a family to ski. The town of Ludlow is OK. I find the mountain can be a bit boring - many runs feel very similar. Last time I skied there my friend and I couldn't remember what trails we skied when reviewing the trail map in the evening because one trail felt a lot like another. It is a great place to hit groomed cruiser after groomed cruiser though.
          In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
          Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
            Okemo is a nice mountain to ski at. Good snow making and good grooming. A nice place for a family to ski. The town of Ludlow is OK. I find the mountain can be a bit boring - many runs feel very similar. Last time I skied there my friend and I couldn't remember what trails we skied when reviewing the trail map in the evening because one trail felt a lot like another. It is a great place to hit groomed cruiser after groomed cruiser though.
            A friend of mine and I have been going to Okemo for a 2-day weekday trip every year the past several years and we love it. I agree that some of the runs seem similar, but if the snow is good and you can get into the trees there is plenty of change-up there. There are also a few really fun runs on the Jackson Gore peak that I love to hit again and again!

Comment

Working...
            X