Ice Coast 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Coast 2015

Wanted to start a thread and get interest in a bigger meet-up on the East Coast.

I'll keep the poll up for a bit (multiple entries allowed), as the season starts, and we can see what develops.

-Y
    Yes, and would be willing to travel anywhere in New England
    37.50%
    Yes, but only if in northern New England (ME/NH/VT)
    12.50%
    Yes, but only if in the southern New England area (CT/NY/NJ)
    0.00%
    Yes, but it MUST be at a huge mountain/resort ("destination" trip)
    15.63%
    No
    0.00%
    Preference to a Weekend Trip
    25.00%
    Preference to a Weekday Trip
    9.38%

I like the initiative! If the ultimate dates work for me I would be in. Anything from PA Poconos to VT works. Maine would be a bit of a haul but not completely of out the question. And as per our PM exchange I even like the name.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Really enjoyed the Jay Peak meet ups a few years back. Hope something can develop from this!
      Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Jay is a hike for just about everyone. I know they guys that run SnowRiders, and they have a big house near Jay. During the week they ask for $35 to stay per day, which would be a great way to get everyone together. Weekends are typically more, but I'll have to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd travel anywhere (carpooling FTW) as long as there are glades.

Don't want to sound like a snob, but that's the only terrain I'm interesting in riding.

Weekend and weekdays both work for me.

Comment

I've started looking at Killington for a trip with my friends. My god it looks great! Would shave a couple hrs off the drive for you guys coming up and you'd have the terrain you're hoping for.
            Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseMe View Post
              Really enjoyed the Jay Peak meet ups a few years back. Hope something can develop from this!
              I'll be down for a jay meet if I still have a job when it comes around.
              Revel8 ALPdors
              Gold Revel8 Receptors
              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
              ____
              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

totally in for this!

Comment

I'll also vote for Jay. That $35 a day sounds pretty good for lodging. I'm pretty open to trying any mountain of any size, though, as long as it looks like it has fun terrain. One of my favorite mountains in the country is an 800ft "hill" in the UP.

Any idea of dates yet? So far, I'm definitely doing the Midwest Meet (Jan 23-25) and tentatively doing at least part of the B-Life tour (Jan 10-14), so I'd vote for an early February timeframe to spread things out.
                  RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I'll give a full update next week. Have been lurking the forums rather than contributing as of late. Though, have hit the local hill a few times.

Long story short, we have many options, including joint the SnowRiders events for Jay (they have several): check out their website to get an idea. https://www.thesnowriders.com/trips

During weekdays, we can stay at their next-to-the-mountain house, $35 a night, with a very basic breakfast and dinner included. Lift tickets will not be included, but they may be able to swing a discounted rate. The weekend deals on their website, though, are at Jay's lodging and the discounted tickets are guaranteed (as they group buy ahead of time).

A few things have come up, preventing me from actually planning this trip. I usually do better; let me know if there are questions/ideas.

I'm thinking we go up on a Wednesday, hit the mountain Thursday and Friday, and then do the weekend thing with the SnowRiders. Those up for the week can do that, those up for the weekend can do that, and those who can get it all off can do it all. Let dome know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if this is still in the works, but I might be interested depending on the details.

Comment

Working...
                      X