Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

We just got home, but let's go back to Mount Bohemia!

UPDATE:

We're headed back to Bohemia March 18 - 20 (riding Saturday - Monday).

We've rented a house in Calumet from Friday, March 17 - Monday, March 20. There's plenty of room for anyone thinking about joining us still. Super affordable!

Required:
    Jack "Omg. My spring break ❤" Schmid + friends

Confirmed:
    Courtney
    Nick (ZwingZ)
    Tim (Crazyboy-1)

Maybe:
    Sam
    Jason Stevens
    February 10 - 12
    12.50%
    February 17 - 19 (President's Day weekend)
    25.00%
    February 24 - 26 (Shredfest weekend)
    18.75%
    March 10 - 12
    25.00%
    March 17 - 19
    18.75%

End of February and later is better for me. I could possibly do President's Day weekend but travel is usually too expensive.

Comment

I'm still on the fence about being able to make March 10 - 12 work. Right now it looks like probably not.

Comment

President's Day weekend flights aren't much more than any other weekend so that also works for me now.

Calumet Americinn is sold out that weekend though.

Comment

There are a few properties in the area available on VRBO for Presidents Day weekend.

https://www.vrbo.com/4436475ha

https://www.vrbo.com/88977

https://www.vrbo.com/932604

Comment

Staying in Gay would be fun.

Comment

All those weekends should work for me. I have a potential conflict on the 18th, but that's not for sure. I'll know this weekend.

A house would be cool.
              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

It doesn't look like I'm going to Steamboat this year, so the 17th-19th works best for me. I didn't vote for it in the poll
                Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
                Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
                Boots: Lange xt100
                portfolio

Comment

I now have a commitment on the 18th, so that weekend is out for me. Having said that, if most people can make that date, go for it. I should be in for any of the other proposed dates.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Since these polls aren’t very flexible and don’t let you update answers, I’ve put together a Google Doc and sent it around to the group to record availability that way.

If you’re interested in joining and would like a link to the doc let me know and I’ll PM you the link. Everyone is, of course, welcome to join us.

Tim, I’ve added your availability since you’re not on Facebook.

Comment

It looks like several of us have had a change in schedule and availability. Here's how things are shaping up at the moment:

It looks like March 17 - 19 would work best for most. It's hard to say what the snow will be like that late in the season, but some Bohemia seasons have gone well into mid spring.

How's everyone feeling? We could schedule for March 17 - 19 and try to keep things refundable just in case things heat up and the snow disappears.

This place on VRBO has a refund policy that gives a full refund if cancelled more than 14 days before check-in. Some of the properties we had talked about before don't allow for refundable cancellations. There's a 3 night minimum at this place, so from Thursday night - Sunday morning the total would be $620.10, plus a $200 refundable damage deposit.

4 people = $155.03 each
                      5 people= $124.22 each
                      6 people = $103.35 each
                      7 people = $88.59 each
                      8 people = $77.51 each
                      9 people = $68.90 each
                      10 people = $62.01 each

If we can get enough people to commit and split the cost, this could be a pretty affordable option. I'd be willing to put up the damage deposit if everyone intends to behave

Comment

I had another proverbial wrench thrown into my plans. We have been informed that this year will see the introduction of a "winter shut-down" between the Christmas and New Year holidays. The plant will close completely, and we must all allocate four days of vacation or personal holiday time to cover it. Sick time may not be used, and taking no-pay days is not an option. I was already on a tight budget for vacation time this year due to a couple trips planned this summer. Now, I have to make sure that I have four days saved for this shut-down. That being the case, I don't think I'll have the days available to come back out for the 8.2 meet. This is incredibly disappointing to me, as well as frustrating. One of the reasons given for the shut-down is that they lose efficiency during that time because so many people take off. Ironically, I find that I am more productive during that time because there are fewer people around, who could possibly interrupt my work.

At this point, I don't want to say that I'm definitely out, but it's looking unlikely that I can make it. Since we are looking at a later date, I'll have some time to see if I can finagle things to be able to come, and I'll update as I know more. One caveat of this new policy is that "critical personnel" still have to work that week, so I'm going to see if I can get into that group. Also, J&J gives all employees days off, that are to be used for family needs, and my last boss let me use those for other stuff since I have no family. I'm going to see if I can get my new boss to do the same.

All I want to do is play in the 'der. Why does that have to be so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                          It looks like several of us have had a change in schedule and availability. Here's how things are shaping up at the moment:

It looks like March 17 - 19 would work best for most. It's hard to say what the snow will be like that late in the season, but some Bohemia seasons have gone well into mid spring.

How's everyone feeling? We could schedule for March 17 - 19 and try to keep things refundable just in case things heat up and the snow disappears.

This place on VRBO has a refund policy that gives a full refund if cancelled more than 14 days before check-in. Some of the properties we had talked about before don't allow for refundable cancellations. There's a 3 night minimum at this place, so from Thursday night - Sunday morning the total would be $620.10, plus a $200 refundable damage deposit.

4 people = $155.03 each
                          5 people= $124.22 each
                          6 people = $103.35 each
                          7 people = $88.59 each
                          8 people = $77.51 each
                          9 people = $68.90 each
                          10 people = $62.01 each

If we can get enough people to commit and split the cost, this could be a pretty affordable option. I'd be willing to put up the damage deposit if everyone intends to behave
                          Just throwing it out there, since I have spring break off the week of March 20th, but would anyone be willing to consider a Saturday-Monday or Tuesday option? I may not be able to leave Milwaukee until 6pm Friday night, and may plan to stay in Houghton Sunday night anyway.

Either way, I can make it work.
                          Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
                          Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
                          Boots: Lange xt100
                          portfolio

Comment

Tim - keep fighting the good fight! Hope you can make it.

Nick - Saturday, Sunday, Monday would work for me. My schedule is pretty flexible in mid to late March.

Comment

If I can figure out the time off, I would also be open to a Saturday-Monday meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X