No announcement yet.

Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That weekend works for me as well despite my vote.

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
    I'm in for that weekend. I'll start looking at tickets awhile.

Edit:
    It looks like there's a decent savings flying into Milwaukee vs Minneapolis, so I'll wait to see what others' travel plans are before booking anything.
    If you save $$ by flying into Appleton or Green Bay I'll be happy to pick you up from either of those airports and you can crash at my place if need be. Of course, that depends on what day you're flying in... if this is a Sat/Sun meet I'd like to leave Friday (hopefully with enough time to hit up Ripley). Insofar as travel plans I may once again have the van available, which seats 7 plus gear, if everyone is interested/able to ride together out of Green Bay. Otherwise, I have my car... or am willing to ride along with someone else in their vehicle.

How much longer are we going to coordinate before we have a date/participant count we can start to plan around? This is important for lodging, travel, and food arrangements.

I'm assuming we'll be hitting up Joeys for dinner Saturday. Other than that, I'll be glad to take care of the food arrangements (snacks/breakfasts) for whoever doesn't want to fend for themselves. Don't worry, it'll be fantastic The cost and specifics are going to depend on what days we're ACTUALLY there, where we stay (since [underwhelming] breakfast is included if we do the Yurt), and the final headcount. Obviously we aren't far enough along in the planning process for more than just a heads up at this point.
    Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Thanks for all the offers guys, but tickets into Green Bay and Madison are about three times as expensive as into Milwaukee. I'll wait to see who else is definitely going and figure out my plans from there. If Marshall and Tyler are both going and follow their normal procedure, they'll go right through Milwaukee and can pick me up. If not, I'll go to Minneapolis and catch a ride with Courtney. The flights into there are still a lot cheaper than GB or Madison.

As far as lodging, I'm not too picky. I like the idea of on-slope for the convenience, but I don't know that we'll get into a place with such short notice. The two cabins mentioned both look good, but again, I don't know what availability will be. This leaves the normal hotel options in Houghton or the place in Calumet. Both have their pros and cons with their locations. At this point, I have some other trips in the works too, so I'm all for the cheapest option we can figure out.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Cheapest is cool with me too. Availability may be an issue with the ideal locations.

I talked to Marshall, Tyler and Nick and they're up in the air until the date gets closer. We'll move forward with planning without them. I'll start looking into lodging availability today.

Comment

Hey guys,

Sorry Ive been MIA. Like Courtney said, the weekend of the 1st could potentially work for me, depending on school work. If I can come, I wouldn't be leaving Milwaukee until at least 5 pm friday, which puts me up there after midnight.

Tim,

I wish I could pick you up from the airport, as I am already here, but my schedule Friday is packed and I can't get away until after 5, which is not ideal.

I will let you know once we get closer if I am for sure able to go. It might not be until the week of that I know for sure.
          Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
          Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
          Boots: Lange xt100
          portfolio

Comment

With Marshall, Tyler and Nick being maybes, feel free to ride up with me, Tim. I can be flexible Friday with work, so we can leave early or late, whatever works best on your end.

The Lac La Belle cabin, Copper Harbor cabin, American Inn and Bohemia lodging are all full on our weekend.

Houghton might be our only other option - but I'm going to look around some more and see if there are any other options we haven't thought of.

Comment

No luck finding anything closer to Bohemia than Houghton.

The Super 8 in Houghton is looking like our most affordable option. It's not ideal, but we've made it work just fine before.

For two rooms (4 double beds) our costs would be about $48 each (based on 6 riders) - not bad at all. There's a free continental breakfast which is decent (better than Bohemia's). The wifi is also a lot faster

Let me know what you guys think and I can go ahead and book it. The rooms are connected which would be nice for hanging out. There's also a nice community room with a few games that we've taken advantage of before.

Comment

Change me from "probably going" to "probably not going."

I need minor surgery. Absolute best case scenario has me back at 100% around the 24th in which case I'd still be able to make the trip, but I don't know how likely the best case scenario is to come to fruition. Fingers crossed.
                Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Work is still so busy I don't want to commit to 5.2. I may go but don't factor me into lodging. I'll probably go in April after work gets caught up on orders.

Comment

Originally posted by CKL View Post
                    Change me from "probably going" to "probably not going."

I need minor surgery. Absolute best case scenario has me back at 100% around the 24th in which case I'd still be able to make the trip, but I don't know how likely the best case scenario is to come to fruition. Fingers crossed.
                    Sorry to hear that, Clark. Hope all goes well.

Comment

So I went ahead and booked a room for Bikeplatt and myself at the Super 8 in Houghton, MI. Bikeplatt and I were willing to spend a little extra money and get a room for ourselves. I talked to the guy tonight when I booked the room, and he said they had about 30 rooms left. We just didn't want to wait for booking a room since it sounds like there are a few people that might be last minute adds. Hopefully everyone else decides to stay at the Super 8 now! It sounded like we didn't have any other convenient options. I will most likely be driving my quad cab truck up there for the weekend, so we can definitely pile in a few people and gear if we don't want to take too many vehicles up there. I am sure we will figure those details out when we get there. Let me know if plans change and we will plan accordingly.

Comment

Sounds great! I just booked a room at the Super 8 as well. Paid the extra few bucks to get queen beds in case we get a few more people and need to share.

$142.66 for Friday - Sunday. $72 each if 2, $48 each if 3, $36, each if 4.

Comment

We ended up getting two double beds, but will be more than happy to make room for another if we need to. Glad you were able to get a room too. How many people are you thinking will make it? Bikeplatt and I are definitely going to hit up mont Ripley Friday night. Hopefully others will be able to join us! If anyone else needs a ride, we will most likely be leaving late morning on Friday.

Comment

The Super 8 works for me. I was quite happy with staying there last year for the 4.2 meet.

I'll probably go ahead and book my airline tickets this week. Courtney, I'll get ahold of you to figure out what times are best when I'm ready to book.
                            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Is there room for one more? I never had the chance to ride with any of you but would like to join the meet. Feb 22,23rd would probably be best for me
                              "Like a bitch in heat, I seem to attract a coterie of policemen and sanitation officials!"

Comment

I would lodge on my own
                                "Like a bitch in heat, I seem to attract a coterie of policemen and sanitation officials!"

Comment

Working...
                                X