Official Shredfest 2 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Shredfest 2 Thread

Ok , Thought it was time to start the official Shredfest 2 Thread for final planning , questions , concerns etc.. I will post up on this thread periodically . Here is the schedule again .

Saturday Feb 27th Travel day , Saturday NIght Meet and Greet in North Lake Tahoe in Truckee

Sunday Feb 28th Alpine Meadows ( Nice medium size area , where we won't get lost and can all ride together and get to know each other )

Monday March 1st Northstar

Tuesday March 2nd Squaw Valley

Wednesday March 3rd Diamond Peak /Incline ( Move to South Lake Tahoe ) Good day for those wanting to rest to take a day off .. but Diamond peak is nice for relaxed cruising and a nice small area for us to all ski together . may only want to spend morning there before moving to South Tahoe .

Thursday March 4th
    Beginner -Intermediate Backcountry Skiboarding Forestdale Divide -South Lake Tahoe , Beginner snowshoe only also welcome !

Kirkwood for those not doing the backcountry thing

Friday March 5th Heavenly Valley

Saturday March 6th Advanced Downhill Backcountry Powder Skiboarding Waterhouse Peak South Lake Tahoe , Steep trees , straight up and straight down .. Need to be experienced in steep powder descent in trees.. (For Skafreak and any other powder hounds! , need to rent
    avalanche beacons and carry shovels )

Those not doing this can go to Sierra at Tahoe resort

Saturday night going home dinner

Sunday March 7th travel home ...

ps
    edited for slight change in plan about resorts
    had some requests for folks leaving early to include Northstar for cruisng and for park .. earlier in the schedule ,
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Plans are still up in the air for me. It will probably hinge on whether I get a research job this semester or not. If I do make it up, it will probably be only for the Backcountry day.
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

Cindy and I are coming up Saturday and riding with you all on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. It would be great to see how
      many we have so far.
      Chad And Cindy (2)
      64 CM Bigfoot’s
      100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
      110 CM Rockered Condors
      130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Maria and I, plus three snowboarders will be arriving mid afternoon Saturday the 27th. We will be riding with the group on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. We will be heading out from North Lake Tahoe to San Francisco for some sightseeing on Thursday morning.
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I'll be there heading up Saturday - my stay is up in the air but I will try to ride Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Probably head home wednesday and may come back up for Kirkwood on Thursday if anyone else will be riding then.

Here we come!!!
          Dave | Elevendy

Comment

I will be there for the whole week but I aint doin no climbin'!
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
              I will be there for the whole week but I aint doin no climbin'!
              Great news valmorel.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Backcountry riders?

I want to take a firm head count on who might be interested in the backcountry dates and what kind of equipment you might need to borrow from me .
                So far I think Fighting for Air was interested in both days and wanted to borrow snowshoes .
                Skafreak is a maybe for the Saturday date ..

Jack
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Hey all,

I saw that Northstar was on the Schedule and I wanted to let people know that Zumiez does a Transworld snow pack for 19.99 + 8 something tax and shipping totaling $28.00. In that pack you get a 2 for 1 Northstar ski pass. We used the Zumiez one last year for Heavenly, so I know they work. I already snatched one up. Here is the site:

http://www.zumiez.com/transworld-sno...onus-pack.html

Just a deal to pass on.

Also there is a site with a free card, Descent Pass. That will give discounts when you buy their tickets ahead of time online. I'ts free so no loss. It does as well as the Snow Bomb card without paying for it. Here is that site:
                  http://www.descentpass.com/region/sierras/ca

If I find more or better ones I'll pass them on.

Chad
                  64 CM Bigfoot’s
                  100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                  110 CM Rockered Condors
                  130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Thanks Can .. that is a great deal .. especially with the rack rate Northstar tickets at 79 dollars a day!

PS , there will definetly be resort dates on the scheduled backcountry dates . Valmorel and Wendell will be hosting the resort days on Thursday and Saturday if I am not there . Thursday will be Kirkwood and Saturday will be Sierra at Tahoe . I am listing Valmorel as an official Shredfest guide as he is now a certified Tahoe Homie making his 2nd trip across the pond and also having the only official custom Tahoe Shredfest 1 Spruce 120 in the world !!!!
                    Boards :
                    Boots
                    Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                      thanks can .. That is a great deal .. Especially with the rack rate northstar tickets at 79 dollars a day!

Ps , there will definetly be resort dates on the scheduled backcountry dates . Valmorel and wendell will be hosting the resort days on thursday and saturday if i am not there . Thursday will be kirkwood and saturday will be sierra at tahoe . I am listing valmorel as an official shredfest guide as he is now a certified tahoe homie making his 2nd trip across the pond and also having the only official custom tahoe shredfest 1 spruce 120 in the world !!!!
                      lol......................
                      Crossbow (go to dream board)
                      Most everything else over time.
                      Go Android

Comment

hahaha JJUE said "homie"

love it!
                        Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Originally posted by dcox20 View Post
                          hahaha JJUE said "homie"

love it!
                          Time for ALL the HOMIES to come on back !!!

see y'all soon !!

Boards :
                          Boots
                          Bindings:

Comment

I can feel the excitement for everyone!!!!Awsome!!!!
                            Gonna be grand conditions, fresh snow and sunshine this time!
                            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

We will arrive Sat. the 27th - midday. The wife is only staying for the 28th, 1st, and 2nd.

I have to drive her to the Reno airport on Wednesday the 3rd then drive back to south tahoe, so I will unfortunately have to miss that day of riding.

I am staying for the south tahoe days and will be there all the way through the 6th ... driving back home sunday the 7th.

I am up for either backcountry trips or resorts at south tahoe. Whether I do that advanced backcountry day will likely depend on how much my powder riding progresses between now and then and how weak my legs are by that Thursday. However, I'd also hate for JJUE to not have any takers on his offer to guide the backcountry trips.

Tight trees, super steep is outside of my comfort zone right now - but that would not keep me from going. If JJUE thinks I can make it down without killing myself, I'm in. I also have no problem hiking up and then doing the walk of shame and hiking back down if it ends up being too hairy for me.

Anyway: From my camp, 2 of us for the first three north tahoe days, no riding Wednesday, just 1 (me) for the three south tahoe days.
                              Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
                              Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
                              Full Tilt Boots
                              Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Working...
                              X