Events for 2023?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events for 2023?

Any dates been set for next season’s events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Haven't seen anything but I imagine they'll be posted here! Hope to see you all next season!

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post

Shredfest 2023 will be Monday Feb 27 through Thursday March 2nd based in South Lake Tahoe again. Heavenly , Northstar and Kirkwood with possibility of Sierra at Tahoe , otherwise Heavenly again for 2 days . ps. I have turned over main organizational responsibility to Tom Bowen who will be posting details on the Facebook Skiboard Connection site as well as here. Tom will be in charge of leading and organizing the folks who wish to ride with the Pros and I will still lead the more laid back recreational crew .
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thanks Jack for the info.

sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post

After the success of this years event, I have decided to go back to The Beast for 2023.

I have decided to move the event to March in hopes of having more natural snow. While we had a decent amount of snow this past event, Killington had a nice collection of storms in February and March so moving the event I am hoping to capitalize on more natural snow in hopes of some East Coast powder…

More to come as far as details…

Dates will be 3/5-3/8

I have reserved my condo for these dates and are confirmed.
          Skis/Skiboards:
          2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
          2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
          2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
          2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
          20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
          2012 Salomon SPK 90
          2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
          2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post

Shredfest 2023 will be Monday Feb 27 through Thursday March 2nd based in South Lake Tahoe again. Heavenly , Northstar and Kirkwood with possibility of Sierra at Tahoe , otherwise Heavenly again for 2 days . ps. I have turned over main organizational responsibility to Tom Bowen who will be posting details on the Facebook Skiboard Connection site as well as here. Tom will be in charge of leading and organizing the folks who wish to ride with the Pros and I will still lead the more laid back recreational crew .
            Just saw a post on Facebook that Sierra-at-Tahoe plans to reopen on Dec 3rd. I'll be interested to hear how different the resort looks and what the changes in terrain are like.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post

Just saw a post on Facebook that Sierra-at-Tahoe plans to reopen on Dec 3rd. I'll be interested to hear how different the resort looks and what the changes in terrain are like.
              Yes I am curious as well. I have a season pass there and will be up there after they open up and will post up here about what it is like after the fire . The fire really affected the resort and lots of the terrain was burnt out and fallen trees removed which will make the vibe , I think , very different as one of the things that really made this resort unique was its wonderful tree skiing and boarding.
              Boards :
              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
              Boots
              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
              Bindings:
              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post

Is this all confirmed now?
                Looking to buy my plane tickets.

Where can i go to find the specific details?
                Cheers
                Good. and you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmarit View Post

Is this all confirmed now?
                  Looking to buy my plane tickets.

Where can i go to find the specific details?
                  Cheers
                  yes confirmed
                  facebook page

or on the forum here
                  https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...shredfest-2023
                  Boards :
                  Boots
                  Bindings:

Comment

Heavenly 2 days - - meet at ticket booth in front of California Lodge Then NorthStar and Kirkwood.

Pray we can drive north around the Lake and Hwy 89, 88 to the Wood. Always check CalTrans roads https://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/

and ski area websites.

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldybob View Post

Heavenly 2 days - - meet at ticket booth in front of California Lodge Then NorthStar and Kirkwood.

Pray we can drive north around the Lake and Hwy 89, 88 to the Wood. Always check CalTrans roads https://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/

and ski area websites.
                      Are you going Baldybob ?
                      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230104_203325.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	265360 YES . . I'll be in Orange..... if we all can make it there!!! And I'll be on RVL8 SkiBoards with non-release bindings!!!

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldybob View Post
                          [ YES . . I'll be in Orange..... if we all can make it there!!! And I'll be on RVL8 SkiBoards with non-release bindings!!!
                          Well it is still 7.5 weeks away, so hopefully we'll be OK. Better be as I hope to see you there!

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I posted this in a new post today about the weather -- - so I will copy and paste it here . . .
                            I use Semi-Accuweather and the Kirkwood website to figure out the weather in the Tahoe area - -I recommend that attendees click the button on Kirkwood, under >The Mountain, Snow and Weather Report and then also click on Road Conditions - Learn More --- that will open a new tab to the Caltrans site. Roads can close in the Tahoe area --and chains are required to be carried in R-2 conditions. The map will show the main arteries I-80, Hwy 50, with cameras and Hwys 88, 89 to Kirkwood.
                            Now my 10 day forecast on Semi-A says 70% chance of snow on Tuesday, Feb 21, Kirkwood says Heavy Snow (12-18 in.) . Again Semi - A says snow Thursday, Feb 23 at 70% then clearing for the weekend drive up, Feb 25,26 and Day 1 Monday, Feb 27 at Heavenly. I check these daily in about 5-10 minutes.
                            -- Then 70% chance of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 28 and Mar. 1. Clearing again on Thursday Mar 2. Temps look to be frigid in the mid 20s highs and lows in the teens. So dress warm, travel safe and look for some new white stuff.
                            While on the Kirkwood site, under >The Mountain, check the Webcams and the Lift and Terrain Status --where they have a Twitter feed of chairs open or closed - -If the Wall, Chair 10 and the Backside, Chairs 2,3,4 are open - that is a good sign that the wind is not closing those lifts and the sun has warmed up the back terrain. I use the Mt. Ashland site for weather on the mountain just north of the California border and the furthest west ski mountain as a leading indicator of storms and then Kirkwood, finally Mountain High in SoCal to be a novice meteorologist. I have spun a 540 on the road to Grand Targhee, been trapped in Truckee both ways in April, long before these helpful sites to determine road conditions, weather and lift availability.
                            See you all at 9 a.m. Feb 27, at the California Lodge Ticket Booths for Shredfest 2023!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X