2020/21 meet ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020/21 meet ups

Any of those that normally plan these event taking on the challenge this year?
    I was wonder on when reservations for the resorts and hotels can start to be watched ?
    Or maybe even some dates on when and if they can be done?

Sent from Tom via TapATalk

As far as I've seen, Skiboard Connection in early February is the only confirmed event so far this year. We haven't started planning for Midwest Meet at Mount Bohemia yet. The typical Westfest / Utah crew won't be able to make it out this year. That said, if anyone will be able to make it and wants to the organize event, please feel free!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

And the Connection will be a all epic pass resorts ?
      To makes things easier ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
        And the Connection will be a all epic pass resorts ?
        To makes things easier ?

Correct - this event will be solely at Epic resorts with individual resorts scheduled out by day (details are on Facebook and we'll be sure to add a thread here in the future as well). We'll be using the reservation system that has been put in place to submit our priority reservations tied to our Epic passes for this event. I'm not sure how the 4-day Epic passes work, but I'd imagine that would be a valid option for folks only planning to ride Epic resorts for this event.

With so much uncertainty and covid numbers spiking again, the Epic resorts are the safest bet for most of us. With a variety of Epic resorts in a small area in Colorado, this event offers us some nice variety paired with some certainty that we'll actually be able to ride.

Westfest thrived on finding great deals early in the fall. Many of the Cottonwoods haven't figured out how they're going to manage crowd sizes and prioritize mountain access, so there's just too much up in the air to be able to feel good about making any reservations. For folks who live closer or have access to the Cottonwood resorts through the Ikon pass, this event may be realistic, that scenario just didn't describe most of us. Hopefully we'll be able to get back toward normal in the 2022 season. Utah will certainly be missed.

Comment

I've been told that Shredfest will most likely not happen this season.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            I've been told that Shredfest will most likely not happen this season.
            Correct ,
            We Shredfest organizers are taking a pass on getting an event going for this coming season because of the uncertainty related to Covid , the resort access restrictions, and restrictions on indoor dining etc.
            Hope to see everyone again for the 2021/2022 season!
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Well ok , at least we spectators or patrons of these events have a little bit of a clue.
              Now it’s time to find out if some that always go, will find a way and make some other plans and possibly still go? It’s always fun meeting up and getting out with others that you don’t normally ski with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I always thought it it would be cool to have all of our festivals based around the resorts that have a communal pass, like Epic. That way someone could go to Shredfest, Westfest and Colorado all on one pass. Now that multi resort passes are dominating the ski scene, it gets expensive to mix up the resorts. Not to mention making the organizing easier. Maybe one day.
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

That’s what I liked too. One year I bought the epic and went to Colorado and Shredfest was in the southern region that year so it worked out. I didn’t get the epic the following year thinking that they were gonna be doing the Ikon ones like Squaw and Alpine , they fooled me though.
                  As it looks though the epic pass is where most of the gatherings are. So it’s well worth it’s price if you want to travel and meet up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I was at Shredfest last season (Feb. 2020) and am still very interested in doing something this coming season. Looking to find some pow to get some use out of my new BluntXL's, it's hard to come by here in SoCal.

Comment

Grant, All will depend on what you want to ski? If your still trying to hang and learn from the pros in the parks , then you might want to head to their Mt. when they have their meetup.
                      But if your looking to some all mountain or some tree skiing then it’s looking like the Colorado connection will be the one to hit this year.
                      With any luck and pressure we could convince those pros to come there for their annual gathering.
                      Courtney and Company are good fun people to meetup with. They’ve been doing the Colorado events 3 times now and have figure out where the sweet spots are , and they have been some great skiing there with some great snow .

Comment

Working...
                      X