X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alnewt1234
    replied
    Day 2: Vail

Prepare to carpool! Parking is not easy at Vail and this lot is $30 a car but has easy access to everything we need. Last year we met in Silverthorne and rode together and I think that should be the plan this year with the intent of arriving at the parking lot by 8:15am.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...4d-106.3859964

Leave a comment:

• alnewt1234
    replied
    I’ll post tomorrow (Saturday) with the rest of the meeting spots and tentative times. I’ll also post parking and cost so we can start talking about car pools.

Courtney, A Basin parking has changed and the early bird lot has become HOV and paid parking. That’s on weekends anyway so I’ll try to find if that applies during the week.

More to follow tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied
    Thanks Courtney. Found the event on Facebook. If anyone needs a ride Monday post here or send me a message. Otherwise I’ll see everyone at the meeting spot.

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    Quality Inn is a good meeting spot. Easy access from the highway.

We should definitely plan a carpool to spots like Vail, Breck and probably Beaver Creek (haven't been there). Keystone and A Basin have plenty of free parking so it's less of an issue there.

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    Originally posted by Webby View Post
    What’s the meet up plan for Monday? Is the plan still Keystone?

Also for those staying in Silverthorne / Dillon, I’ll be driving up from Denver Monday morning and can pick up those without a ride.

From Alan on the Facebook event:

Day 1: Keystone

Here is the meeting spot for Monday morning. For those that sent me their number, I will text it to you as well. I will be there around 7:45 and the resort opens at 8:30. There is a Starbucks pretty close to this spot for those that need that morning pick me up! This parking lot is FREE and is called the River Run Gondola Lot.

Weather is calling for some snow showers this weekend and partly cloudy for Monday. We are around 115% of average snowfall for this point of the season so conditions are great!

Map link: 39°36'29.6"N 105°56'31.4"W https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...0526,17z<br />

Leave a comment:

• Tom91381
    replied

Also for those staying in Silverthorne / Dillon, I’ll be driving up from Denver Monday morning and can pick up those without a ride.

Nice , I think there’s a few of us at the quality inn , maybe that can be a meeting point ?

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    A Basin lifts run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. We typically try to arrive early to ensure decent parking. Spots can fill up quickly, especially if it happens to be a powder day.

I'd suggest trying to meet up with him no later than 8:30 - but even earlier if he's willing. We park in the early bird parking lot right at the base of the mountain. Meeting at the ticket window is generally an easy way to find folks.

Leave a comment:

• Ukuvox
    replied
    So when and where is the meet-up for Wednesday (A-Basin)? The guy with the Trikkes and Sno-Gos is going to meet me up there and I wanted to give him some idea of when to be there. Also, if anyone else is interested, they're $60 per day and if you're not sure which you want to try, you can swap and try both for the single rental fee.

Leave a comment:

• Ukuvox
    replied
    OK, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• noties
    replied
    Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
    I'm not sure how the buddy/ski-with-a-friend passes work. Do you need to be present? Because it looks like you'll be there on Monday and Tuesday and I need them for Thursday and Friday.
    Yes, the pass holder needs to be present. You take your friend into the lift office and get the tickets. I have an epic pass and I should have 4 x buddy/SWAF tickets left on my pass. I'll be there Wed-Fri so you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Ukuvox
    replied
    I plan on joining for at least a day or two. Probably some combination of Monday/Tuesday/Friday. I'm in Denver and have an Epic Pass. I can help if anyone needs buddy passes or ski with a friend passes.

Looking forward to my first official meet up!
    I'm not sure how the buddy/ski-with-a-friend passes work. Do you need to be present? Because it looks like you'll be there on Monday and Tuesday and I need them for Thursday and Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied
    i don't know Silverthorne all that well, but i'm pretty sure you could watch the game at the Dam Brewery.

Leave a comment:

• Tom91381
    replied
    So with that football game being played on the Sunday before our first day of skiing , does anyone know of a fun place to watch the game in the silverthorne area ?
    Anyone getting in on Sunday that want to get together to watch the game ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied
    I’m confirmed for Monday and Tuesday. Will drive up Monday morning and staying in Silverthorne Monday night.

If anyone staying in Summit County needs a ride to the resort Monday morning, I can swing by and pick you up.

For those flying in without a ride to the mountains, Epic has a shuttle from the airport:

https://www.epicmountainexpress.com/

Looks like it’s $59-$79 per person each way to Silverthorne, Frisco, Breck, Keystone. A little bit more to get to Vail/Beaver Creek.

Couldn’t find info on discounts for Epic Pass holders, but they might be out there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X