2019 Event Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Event Schedule

Hi Everyone, here are the dates for the major events in 2019. More details and individual event threads to come as the season approaches. Check out the major event comparison sheet to learn more about each event and see how they compare.

Westfest, Utah
    Riding dates: January 22 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Alta, Brighton, Park City, Snowbird, Solitude
    Event thread

Skiboard Connection, Colorado
    Riding dates: February 4 - 8, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Arapahoe Basin, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail
    Event thread

Midwest Meet, Upper Michigan
    Riding dates: February 15 - 17
    Resort: Mount Bohemia
    Event thread

Shredfest, Lake Tahoe
    Riding dates: February 24 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar, Sierra
    Event thread

In case you need a reminder (click each image to view / download full size):

Westfest

Skiboard Connection

Midwest Meet

Shredfest

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
    Hi Everyone, here are the dates for the major events in 2019. More details and individual event threads to come as next season approaches.

Westfest, Utah

Shredfest, Lake Tahoe

In case you need something to hold you over through the summer (click each image to view / download full size):

Westfest

Skiboard Connection

Midwest Meet

Shredfest

So are these the epic pass resorts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
      So are these the epic pass resorts?
      Many of them are, but not all. Resorts in bold below are covered by the Epic Pass.

Update: Resorts underlined are covered by the IKON Pass.

Westfest, Utah

Shredfest, Lake Tahoe

Comment

I think I just found my new desktop image - the little calendar with the Westfest dates highlighted are a perfect reminder!

Comment

Alta and Snowbird are Ikon Pass access. I know not nearly as inclusive as Epic Pass but just to note it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeking opinions...

While Midwest Meet is certainly the most convenient for me (within driving distance) my skill level just isn't up to matching Mt. Bohemia's requirements. Which of the events would be most conducive to a relative beginner?
            Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
            Spruce 120's (they served me well)
            Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
              While Midwest Meet is certainly the most convenient for me (within driving distance) my skill level just isn't up to matching Mt. Bohemia's requirements. Which of the events would be most conducive to a relative beginner?
              Either Westfest or Shredfest. It's an older crowd with varying skill levels. We split up into two groups, one who wants to ski off piste (glades mostly), the other group cruises the grooomers. Westfest will be less expensive for lift tickets, unless you have an Epic Pass to save money on the Vail resorts in the South Lake Tahoe lineup. Lodging costs are also typically less for Westfest.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                Either Westfest or Shredfest. It's an older crowd with varying skill levels. We split up into two groups, one who wants to ski off piste (glades mostly), the other group cruises the grooomers. Westfest will be less expensive for lift tickets, unless you have an Epic Pass to save money on the Vail resorts in the South Lake Tahoe lineup. Lodging costs are also typically less for Westfest.
                And the stuff you learn from being around those that might be better then you, that's priceless

Comment

At Westfest we usually try to lap lifts that give different routes down, then meet back up at the bottom. For the most part people get to ski the terrain they prefer, whilst we stay together as a group. We tend to break up into smaller groups around lunch as folks split off to do their own thing. Some prefer to stop to eat, some tour the groomers, whilst others seek out the gnar until the last chair. Hopefully there is something for everyone.

The best way to learn how to ski challenging terrain, just follow people better than you and trust in your skiboards.
                  Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                    .....just follow people better than you and trust in your skiboards.
                    This needs to be printed on the back of the RVL8 Tees for the 2018/19 season!!
                    Boards:
                    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                      And the stuff you learn from being around those that might be better then you, that's priceless

And that is EXACTLY the reason I want to go!
                      Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                        The best way to learn how to ski challenging terrain, just follow people better than you and trust in your skiboards.
                        Again, that's my primary motivation. There doesn't seem to be anyone around here to follow.
                        Trikke Skki

Comment

We're getting closer!

I've started pulling together a comparison sheet with information on each major event to help make attendance a little more accessible. Some of these locations are logistically confusing or difficult if you've never been or are going alone and meeting everyone for the first time. Best viewed on a screen larger than a phone. There are a few gaps and guesses (highlighted in yellow). If you can fill in some gaps feel free to add a comment in the sheet, post the information here or send me a direct message.

Comment

Good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                              We're getting closer!

I've started pulling together a comparison sheet with information on each major event to help make attendance a little more accessible. Some of these locations are logistically confusing or difficult if you've never been or are going alone and meeting everyone for the first time. Best viewed on a screen larger than a phone. There are a few gaps and guesses (highlighted in yellow). If you can fill in some gaps feel free to add a comment in the sheet, post the information here or send me a direct message.
                              The link to Courtney's spreadsheet should be it's own post and "stickied" at the top of the Meet Up and Ride sub forum. This makes it easy to understand the who, when, and where of the bigger meet-ups. Nice work!!
                              Boards:
                              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
                              X