Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westfest, Shredfest and Ski Passes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
    Has anyone used or considered using Airbnb? Any thoughts?
    I used one of those services for a 2 bedroom condo, although it was in Incline while I thought it was in Truckee as that's what I put the search..
    all said and done with all fees it was about 200 a night
    On booking . Com


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #62
      Stupid question...

      So stupid question about Westfest, Shredfest. Are these meetups all levels or would someone just starting out on SB have trouble keeping up? How do you all ride? Seems like mostly hardcore riders?

      I've been skiing and skating for over a decade and making a move to skiboards his season. Would love to SB with other like minded SBers And I love the locations.

      Is Shredfest a competition ?

      Sorry, I looked at the old forum posts of previous events and couldn't figure it out.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by noties View Post
        So stupid question about Westfest, Shredfest. Are these meetups all levels or would someone just starting out on SB have trouble keeping up? How do you all ride? Seems like mostly hardcore riders?

        I've been skiing and skating for over a decade and making a move to skiboards his season. Would love to SB with other like minded SBers And I love the locations.

        Is Shredfest a competition ?

        Sorry, I looked at the old forum posts of previous events and couldn't figure it out.
        Westfest has a smaller group. The majority of us tend to spend most of the time searching out good tree lines and hunting for powder. The others cruise the groomers. With Shredfest there are more participants. We split up into two groups, the groomer cruisers and the more adventurous. We welcome newcomers with little skiboarding experience. You will find riders to hang with at either event.

        Skiboards:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s


        Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

        Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by noties View Post
          So stupid question about Westfest, Shredfest. Are these meetups all levels or would someone just starting out on SB have trouble keeping up? How do you all ride? Seems like mostly hardcore riders?

          I've been skiing and skating for over a decade and making a move to skiboards his season. Would love to SB with other like minded SBers And I love the locations.

          Is Shredfest a competition ?

          Sorry, I looked at the old forum posts of previous events and couldn't figure it out.
          Great question.

          The main goal of skiboard festivals is the chance to meet up with other enthusiasts. We get to hang out, swap gear, try new products and pick up hints and tips from other boarders. For many of us it's also a chance to ski terrain we don't usually get to ski at home. Most days start with warming up on the groomers, so you should at least be able to start, stop and turn. At some point the more advanced riders like to head out to more advanced terrain, so we often break up into smaller groups based on ability. Some riders prefer groomers and some like to get into the bumps and trees, so I like to think that we cater to all levels. I'm not sure a festival is the best place for a complete beginner to learn how to skiboard from scratch, but we would like to think that everyone is welcome.
          Just these, nothing else !

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by noties View Post
            So stupid question about Westfest, Shredfest. Are these meetups all levels or would someone just starting out on SB have trouble keeping up? How do you all ride? Seems like mostly hardcore riders?

            I've been skiing and skating for over a decade and making a move to skiboards his season. Would love to SB with other like minded SBers And I love the locations.

            Is Shredfest a competition ?

            Sorry, I looked at the old forum posts of previous events and couldn't figure it out.
            Find some people that live near your local mountain , and do a early meet up with them, get some confidence and maybe you'll get some pointers too.
            I'm going to these 2 meetings . For one I'm new here and just got some RVL8 skiboards after skiing on some 125 skis for years. It's always fun meting new people with similar interests


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #66
              If you haven't made up your mind about joining us for Westfest, here is the best reason and best deal of them all:

              Visit Salt Lake has just announced a "January Ski Free in Ski City" deal where you can get up to 2 free Ski City Super Passes for every night you stay in hotels around the city (based on occupancy of 2). Quantities are limited and apparently are selling fast. . .

              As an example: Arrive Wednesday, January 24 depart Sunday, January 28 after 4 days of skiing for as low as $231 - lodging and skiing included for 2 people ! ! ! ! !

              Even some of the nicer hotels out in Sandy that several of us are staying in are priced around $500 - $600 for two people for 4 nights, and 4 days of skiing!

              Great deals - come join us!

              https://reservations.skicity.com/pac...st/10334/m3453

              Comment


              • #67
                Thanks Tom for the advice! We had originally had the Hampton Inn booked thru Booking.com, but I called the Hampton Inn directly to get their Ski Sandy package you just told us about. Since we had already bought Brighton passes, they gave us the package for two nights and regular room rates for two nights. Very easy to work with. The passes we get at the hotel are lift ready, no ticket booth lines. That number if anyone else is interested is 1-801-571-0800. Getting excited. Hope the snow comes big for us!

                Chad
                p. s. for any singles , they also offer a room and one pass per night package called the On the Go package!
                64 CM Bigfoots
                88 CM Blunts
                94 CM Head Big Easy (Friend loaners)
                100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                110 CM Rockered Condors
                125 Spruce LE's
                130 CM Spruce Osprey

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by CAN View Post
                  Thanks Tom for the advice! We had originally had the Hampton Inn booked thru Booking.com, but I called the Hampton Inn directly to get their Ski Sandy package you just told us about. Since we had already bought Brighton passes, they gave us the package for two nights and regular room rates for two nights. Very easy to work with. The passes we get at the hotel are lift ready, no ticket booth lines. That number if anyone else is interested is 1-801-571-0800. Getting excited. Hope the snow comes big for us!

                  Chad
                  p. s. for any singles , they also offer a room and one pass per night package called the On the Go package!
                  Excellent!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Brighton tickets are now on Liftopia for $75 (that's $10 off window price). https://www.liftopia.com/product?pro...ate=2018-01-28

                    Hard to say if that price will fluctuate at all.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                      Brighton tickets are now on Liftopia for $75 (that's $10 off window price). https://www.liftopia.com/product?pro...ate=2018-01-28

                      Hard to say if that price will fluctuate at all.
                      I think everyone confirmed for riding on Sunday got in on our other deal - I bought a 5 pack and Paul bought a 5 pack.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                        I think everyone confirmed for riding on Sunday got in on our other deal - I bought a 5 pack and Paul bought a 5 pack.
                        Ha - that's right! Totally forgot about that. I was printing off my Liftopia confirmations and thought we were still waiting on Brighton.

                        I just got repacked from Bohemia and I'm ready to head out. I feel like I'm forgetting things, but that's half the fun, right?

                        Hoping the incoming snowstorm doesn't impact my flight in the morning.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X