X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjue
    replied
    Snow in forecast ...

There has been no secret that it has been a dry season in Tahoe . Main groomed runs at the ski areas are still in good shape though with man made snow on top of the natural snow we have had this season . The best news is the weather is changing and we may get some new snow this week and during Shredfest !
    Here is the latest snow forecast . See everyone soon !

"Sunday into Monday a strong cold front moves through bringing in the coldest air of the season. Expect high winds on Sunday with temperatures in the 30's, dropping to highs only in the teens on the mountains for Monday. We will see snow showers Sunday into Monday with the cold front. We could see 2-4 inches at lake level, and 4-8 inches on the mountains by Monday night.

Tuesday it is still cold with highs in the 20's. Then 20's on the upper mountains and 30's at lake level Wednesday into next weekend. The forecast models are at odds on the track of a storm Thursday and Saturday. We could see no snow, or several inches with each depending on the track.

Going into the week of the 26th the pattern may shift slightly allowing a series of wetter cold storms to move into the West Coast."

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Originally posted by slow View Post
    Shredfest X info has been emailed to those that PM's me indicating they will be attending. If you plan on attending but have not received the email, please PM me ASAP.
    Can't wait!

Rick ><)))°>

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Shredfest X info has been emailed to those that PM's me indicating they will be attending. If you plan on attending but have not received the email, please PM me ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    FYI: The Shredfest X (2018) schedule has now been confirmed and has been updated in the first post of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
    It now turns out, Rachel and I will not be coming. already looking forward to next year when kirk and branden are in good health!
    Too bad you will not be joining us!

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Hey Guys,

Rachel and I are thinking about making last minute plans to go to shredfest. We are finding a couple air BnBs for ~100$ per night, but I wanted to see if there were any open rooms with anyone else.
    Woot Woot!!

Leave a comment:

• Davelynam
    replied
    It now turns out, Rachel and I will not be coming. already looking forward to next year when kirk and branden are in good health!

Leave a comment:

• Tom91381
    replied
    Since my trip is getting cut short due to others, I’m stopping at Mammoth on my way to Tahoe to ski the Saturday before the event start . Anyone else interested in hitting there before the meet and greet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tom91381
    replied
    Hey Guys,

Rachel and I are thinking about making last minute plans to go to shredfest. We are finding a couple air BnBs for ~100$ per night, but I wanted to see if there were any open rooms with anyone else.
    When did you plan on getting there? And heading back home?
    A injury at work from a Co-worker has shorten my stay, now I'm leaving on Tuesday . After being at Westfest I don't want to have miss any of it

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    With Shredfest starting in less than a month, please PM me if you have not done so already letting me know you are joining us!

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Hey Guys,

Glad to hear you will be able to join us.

I am not aware of any open rooms. Hopefully if there are any, others will respond to your request.

Leave a comment:

• Davelynam
    replied
    Hey Guys,

Leave a comment:

• Tom91381
    replied
    That's a nice chunk of people. I got a 2 bedroom condo in Incline. My son and his wife were gonna head up for a few days but it's looking like they might not make it at all . And even if hey do it's just Saturday night. So I might need a room mate to justify getting the 2 bedroom condo. Or I'll have to downgrade to a hotel style cheaper place.

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
    Any new news for this event?
    Snow predictions?
    Lift deals ?
    People going?

Typically we have anywhere from 20 to 40 riders attend Shredfest and this year is shaping up the same. Stats will be shared closer to the event.

It is a good time to remind those that are planning on attending to send me a PM with their info.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
    Any new news for this event?
    Snow predictions?
    Lift deals ?
    People going?
    It's kind of early for snow predictions. Tahoe isn't in the best shape right now, but they are saying a change is coming. We shall see.

I did some searching and didn't come up with anything. Unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be any discounts for the Tahoe resorts like there used to be. If there are, I'm not finding them. Myself, I ended up buying the Squaw/Alpine 4-pack to save a few bucks. It doesn't really make sense to purchase a 4-pack though unless you're a local. Right now on Liftopia it's $112 for Sugarbowl and $251 for a 2-day pass to cover Squaw & Alpine. The best a person can do for Northstar is get a buddy ticket from an Epic Pass holder.

Slow usually puts together a list of everyone attending.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X